Author Topic: Changing Priorities  (Read 1582 times)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
Re: Changing Priorities
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 20:51:53 PM »
Came to UK from Oz at age 21. Loved London from the moment of arrival and didn't go back to Sydney for 15 years - got married to a South African in London. I still love London and the UK - the greenery of Summer never fails to delight and I'll put up with the miserable Winter in wait for a balmy Spring. That said, last Summer was a total washout and my love affair with this country was at an all time low. When we first came to Fethiye on a chance holiday back in 2009, the unique beauty and atmosphere of the place was unexpected and grabbed us - especially me. Somehow (crazy, yes) we came away from that holiday having signed on the dotted line to build a villa. Our kids couldn't believe it, but having visited, they understand a bit better!

Offline ronzeus

Re: Changing Priorities
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 15:00:38 PM »
I had the opposite thoughts to most of you,i had two properties in different parts of Turkey for some years ,spending up to 8 months of the year there ,loved it but hate the political scene there ,back to the Uk full time for just under three years,could not settle ,moved to Spain just before my 60th birthday and feel very settled.
 Probably made easier for us as after dealing with officials ,banks ,ect in Turkey, nothing Spain throws at us bothers us at it seems to do to a lot of other newcomers got all official documentation sorted in under 3 months.    :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf