Author Topic: Mrs Browns boys  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: Mrs Browns boys
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2014, 01:26:35 AM »
Ah, radio comedy - I remember my Dad absolutely rolling around the kitchen listening to The Goons.

Just watched Morecambe and Wise Part 2. Gentle, formulaic but quite clever too and some excellent timing. Definitely raised a nostalgic titter for me and TA.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2014, 01:39:32 AM »
Coronation Street is funny (it is a comedy, isn't it?)   ;)   and EastEnders, no ones lives are that zany and off the wall surely, though Calis comes a close second for so many reasons.  ;D  ;)

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2014, 02:32:20 AM »
I actually find Scunners  comments over the years and humour  ...   really funny...  and my sense of humour... :-)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 01:07:24 AM »
Why did that woman even mention you need a visa to enter Jordan? Ah, because they had a punchline to crowbar into the programme.

To me the definition of total cr4p.

That's how jokes work Scunner. Eric and Ernie were masters at setting up the joke for the punch line. Same with a Fools and Horses. You could see it coming but still it's funny.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2014, 01:17:52 AM »
Punchlines are beautifully approached, skirted around, forgotten and returned to in Only Fools and Horses. Can you give me one single example in Only Fools and Horses where someone comes out with a line totally unrelated to the episode (such as this example where suddenly, and without relevance to anything going on, someone blurts out a line about visas in regard to visiting Jordan)?

If you think Mrs Brown's Boys is in any way comparable with Morecambe & Wise or Only Fools & Horses then it's best you sit chortling away to your recorded episodes of Mrs Brown's Boys Stoop, you've quite obviously found your comedy level! I'm sure I have more of your type of comedy here which I can send up to Yorkshire to delight you - there's a Chuckle Brothers DVD here somewhere in the kid's collection!

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2014, 01:34:28 AM »
I actually find Scunners  comments over the years and humour  ...   really funny...  and my sense of humour... :-)

If that's the case you need to either a) get out more often or b) watch more television.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2014, 02:16:54 AM »
Nonsense, quite obviously a man of impeccable comedic taste. I'm here all week.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2014, 09:12:46 AM »
I must say that reading this thread is giving me more laughs than any of the modern so called comedies on television.  8)

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2014, 11:50:06 AM »
Talking about comedy on tv here....  SHERLOCK  returned at last !!    what a breath of fresh air that was !!  comparing it to most of the drivel over christmas  and throughout the year .. Sherlock is  `slick` ... brilliantly written... highly entertaining, and  very very funny in a subtle way !!!! I  laughed  so much at last nights episode  :-)  one  comedic programme  and yes it is `comedy` at its best in my opinion ... it helps justifying having to pay for the tv license when we are in the UK  :-)       

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf