Author Topic: Giraffe put down Why???????  (Read 2431 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Giraffe put down Why???????
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 21:38:43 PM »
Zookeepers are made of meat.

Offline suehugh

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 22:24:18 PM »
The giraffe and the lions were not killed primarily for meat, but because they were not deemed suitable for the breeding programmes.

Gingers and silver foxes next.

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 06:41:02 AM »
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/09/marius-giraffe-killed-copenhagen-zoo-protests.       They have even issued a statement justifying the whole bloody thing, I cannot believe this has been allowed the happen. What an appalling waste of a beautiful animal who didn't deserve to die, be chopped up in public, and fed to the lions. So wrong, just so wrong.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 10:04:52 AM »
As there were other zoos willing to take the giraffe (1 in the UK) why didn't the Copenhagen zoo at least let someone else have an opinion on the poor animals fate.  I read the story about the culling of the lions, a whole family of them, its disgusting in view of the fact that there is apparently a viable contraception scheme available.   >:(

Offline hoops man

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 11:33:49 AM »
But this animal did not have a good life. It was very young indeed.There is no way we should try and make excuses for this sort of thing. It was in a zoo in a so called modern country and they thought it ok not just to kill it but then pretend to use it as some sort of education for the children. It was disgusting!!!! The zoo management all deserve the boot. Worse thing i v saw in years.

Offline angela

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 15:46:30 PM »
There are horrendous photos of this beautiful creature being fed to the lions in todays paper, surrounded by crowds of onlookers. I know it happens all the time in the wild, which is entirely different.  If there is any justification at all in this awful  business (none that I can see)  you would at least think it would be done discreetly and humanely. I don't understand parents allowing their children to see it, it would give me nightmares at my age!

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 19:02:47 PM »
I don't understand why it couldn't have been sterilised and left to lead a long happy life at the zoo. After all thats why we go there to see well cared for healthy animals. Such a shame.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 19:06:42 PM »
They said they could not neuter it because it would have been "unhappy"...  However, which is best Unhappy or Dead...????

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 19:32:31 PM »
Dead of course !

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 06:32:05 AM »
They said they could not neuter it because it would have been "unhappy"...  However, which is best Unhappy or Dead...????

Ive been neutered and Im still happy. Well according to Mrs Tiggsy I am.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf