Author Topic: Peaches Geldof dead at 25 years of age  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Lotty

Re: Peaches Geldof dead at 25 years of age
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 16:17:45 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss CleopatrasAsp, it must still be a heartbreaking time for you. I agree, nobody knows the cause as yet, but no doubt even with proof, speculation will continue. The family needs some sympathetic consideration and privacy now. Achingly sad.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 20:59:13 PM by Lotty »

Offline Menthol

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 20:12:42 PM »
Very sorry to hear of your own tragic loss, Cleopatrasasp. And yes, we should all resist second guessing the cause of her death. And whilst we may find out how she died, we might not know for sure why.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 20:20:05 PM »
In all the sympathy for Peaches today, it seems to have been lost in the press that two other young mother's died yesterday. British women one an excellent obstetrician ( who was a wonderful help to my daughter's friend when she had a miscarriage).  These woman, on holiday in Tenerife swam out to save two children and lost their own lives.  It seems their story has been pushed to the back burner.  Celebrity takes the front page always.
My sympathies go to Peaches family but also to these two women's families too.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 20:36:17 PM »
Sadly Jacqui yes, that is the way the press work, Peaches Geldorf was 'famous' so she will take precedence in print. That's not to say we are not all hugely saddened by the horror of these other two brave young mothers, I'm sure our sympathies for them have not been lessened. Both shockingly tragic. My thoughts are with all of their families.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 00:09:22 AM »
Talk is if possible heart failure brought on by anorexia. Tragic if true. All speculation of course - based on her past problems and her painfully thin appearance.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 00:34:52 AM »
Can only agree once more, with sympathy for all the latest reported deaths, the women in Tenerife who died trying to save their children, and young Peaches who seems to be a victim of todays search for perfection, not forgetting that the births of two babies in 2 years may well have caused a degree of postnatal problems.  My thoughts are with the families of these three women.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 16:21:45 PM »
We have an awful situation in York this past few months where a number of young people have died in the rivers.

It's got to the point where I'm no longer surprised to hear it in the news that another person has gone missing after a night out in York. The common denominator seems to be alcohol.

It's tragic for the families it really is.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2014, 15:33:18 PM »
Seems to be a fair bit of media speculation that heroin may have been a contributing factor in her death.  Very sad case, but not isolated - the "Three J's" of Dundee has had a another "J" added to it over the past few years...

JF

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2014, 18:12:41 PM »
I did not comment on this very sad event at the time because I wanted to wait for the result of the tests.

It now seems likely that this young lady had the choice of life - others were not so fortunate. :(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 18:40:54 PM by Highlander »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2014, 19:18:03 PM »
Understand how you feel John.   Seems like she had everything to live for, what a shame and sad for her two little boys.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf