Author Topic: i am ruined  (Read 5049 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: i am ruined
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 09:21:12 AM »
I agree, Marggie. Most people would be satisfied with one broken ankle but not our Bernie.

However, joking apart, in the short time I have known Bernie I have realised that once she sets her mind on something she'll achieve it. So I'm pretty sure that she'll be back on her feet puffing up the hills in Ovacik very soon.

Let's put it this way, she better be cos we have got a lot of laughs to have together yet and we have others coming to join us! I think so far the coven will be 4 witches big (me, slikmrs, WordBird and angela - who we have yet to meet but can already tell she has the credentials .....) but this is not a closed coven and anyone can join...... when you've done writing wills, Bluwise ....... we could also do with some classy birds too, Jacqui ..........

;D

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 09:26:12 AM »
I've packed my broomstick.....maybe I could squeeze Bernie on the back of it too.  :D

I still think she's done it on purpose cos she's sick of you shouting down the hillside at her.  :P

Offline Menthol

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »
I know, just after I bought this too,

Offline sadler

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 09:42:18 AM »
What terrible luck.  Hope you get better soon.  Glad to see that you still have your sense of humour (heeling). ;D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 10:26:24 AM »
Get well soon! I still have screws in my ankle from 1990 but it does get better  :)

Offline jondo

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 13:08:22 PM »
Bad luck. Apart from the initial and ongoing pain you've got to deal with restricted movement, no driving, etc etc. It is a real discumbeggeration, for sure. My sincere sympathies. So you know you're not the only one who does that trick - my wife fell down the stairs last week and broke a bone in her right foot!

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 14:28:21 PM »
Jean's daughter Heather fell down ONE step and broke her ankle,  when I was a kid I tripped over in the school playground and broke the tibula and fibula in my left leg. It's not the distance that you fall but how you land that's crucial.

Get well soon Bernie  :D

Offline scorcher

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 15:32:53 PM »
Get warm and well asap !

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 17:16:02 PM »
Jondo love the description discumbeggeration .  Keep rolling it round my tongue  .Bernie   look on the bright side it could have been your neck..... You obviously still have your sense of humour and your brain is in tact so thank your lucky stars . I am sure you will soon be back on your feet as you sound a very determined lady .Good luck for a speedy recovery and make the most of the enforced recovery time. Enjoy watching other people do the work you normally have to do.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 17:22:42 PM »
Ouch that must smart!! .... I'm currently laid up myself, with a bad knee and back, but looking at your injuries I understand both your pain and frustration, but I suspect nowhere near feeling the scale of both.  So get well very soon.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf