Author Topic: Insidious Technological Decline  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Insidious Technological Decline
« on: March 13, 2015, 10:23:53 AM »
I have agreed to Chair a campaign group fighting property developers who want to build on a local environmental and wildlife conservation area. This has required me joining Facebook (aaargh!). I am already getting messages from people of whom I have never heard who want to be my "Friends". Now I am told I have to be on Twitter as well. Soon I'll be photographing what I had for dinner last night and asking people if I can borrow their fluffy kittens for cutesy pictures. Anything else I should know? Should I be ganging up on folk and bullying them; or selling p0rnography; stuff like that? I want to fit in, of course.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Insidious Technological Decline
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 10:40:35 AM »
You will need to rake out old embarrassing photographs of your family and post them.  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 10:50:52 AM »
Make sure you take part in all the quizzes that you get invited to take part in, and publish the results on your page, and invite all your "friends" to take part.

Invite as many of your "friends" as possible to play Candy Crush, Bubblewitch Saga and Pet Rescue.

Join the "I hate The Eagles" page.

DON'T rake out any old and embarassing photographs of Highlander. Facebook is already awash with them.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 13:19:58 PM »
I am like you Colwyn, knew nothing of Facebook until I was invited to join in and help the fight for the Dolphins kept at Hisaronu.   I joined up and although there are negatives, I quite like the chat and images of friends and family and have joined things like BBC News which brings updates and news flashes and some interesting articles.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 14:04:41 PM »
Thank you, these comments are most helpful. Now I have a question. So far I have just been deleting requests ti be "Friends". But what happens then? Do these people get a message saying "Colwyn doesn't want to be friends with you"? I don't really want to be rude - some of these people are my neighbours or family.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 14:13:49 PM »
No need to worry Colwyn, they just get a message that says " Colwyn thinks you're a *****, now **** off and get a life".

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 16:34:56 PM »
Depends how well you get on with your friends and family. !!!

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 21:48:52 PM »
Make sure you take part in all the quizzes that you get invited to take part in, and publish the results on your page, and invite all your "friends" to take part.

Invite as many of your "friends" as possible to play Candy Crush, Bubblewitch Saga and Pet Rescue.

Join the "I hate The Eagles" page.

DON'T rake out any old and embarassing photographs of Highlander. Facebook is already awash with them.

Now what have The Eagles ever done to you ?? ;-)

Offline pops

• Craig
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 22:58:31 PM »
It would seem that you will need to post "Selfies" Most of my FB friends seem to do this a lot. Myself.....I have resisted the urge. No selfie stick in this house.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 00:19:53 AM »
It would seem that you will need to post "Selfies" Most of my FB friends seem to do this a lot. Myself.....I have resisted the urge. No selfie stick in this house.
You can get one very cheaply on Ebay, via your facebook page , of course !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf