Author Topic: Insidious Technological Decline  (Read 3181 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Insidious Technological Decline
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 00:38:57 AM »
Buy half a dozen rare newts and lizards and a couple of bats, then supply photographic evidence
of where they have been " spotted ". That should bring things to a halt and buy you lots of time to organise.
Developers use underhand methods, do the same.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 13:04:07 PM »
Well, so far the school and developers seem to have made a blundering start. They have cleared the land using a tractor and in doing so trashed a badger sett which we believe to be active having taken expert advice from the Badger Trust. Since this is breeding season they required a licence to clear land in the vicinity of a sett and we have established that they did not apply for one. If so that is a crime and we filed charges with the police who are investigating. It is also illegal to clear land that is habitat to slow worms and there are (perhaps were) loads of them. It seems they cleared the land first and then had a quick, walk-through survey after that had been done. We have another half a dozen problems we are still exploring. They want to tarmac over a public footpath - not possible without special permission (Bristol Ramblers are on the case). They plan to fell trees that have a preservation order on them - possible, but not without specific permit. Our hydrologist tells us the drainage plans are wholly inadequate considering the land is adjacent to a registered Functional Flood Plain. So we are building up a decent portfolio of barriers to building. I think these people are going to wish they never started. That, anyway, is our aim. As to your newts, Kevin, our ecologist tells us that, if they are in area, this is exactly the sort of habitat that is home to Great Crested Newts. We will be looking out for them.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 13:26:09 PM »
This is better than the SAVE (Save Am Vale Environment) campaign on the Archers.  I don't quite see you Colwyn as a David Archer - now back in the campaign against route B - but I could see you as Jim Lloyd or perhaps on a bad day as David Archer sidekick Bert Fry.  I would of course play the role of Eddie Grundy, with perhaps Gordon as my father Joe Grundy  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Any other suggestions for CBF characters as Archers characters????

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 13:56:48 PM »
On the substantive point of this thread, I must express my disappointment, and indeed sadness, that you have joined the common herd and opened an FB account, and more worryingly have started to use it.  I remain implacably opposed to this modern day Leviathan, and whilst the numbers around me may be dwindling on a daily basis, we stand shoulder to shoulder in not only not using it, but positively discouraging its use. 

I must get a letter off to report Colwyn's actions to the Ancient Order of Druids...... now where did I leave my quill pen??

Sent From My Commodore 64

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 14:35:25 PM »
UBT, I'll have to ask Hilary about these suggested personae; she is the Archers addict. Now I'll get on with my battle against those who "own" my valley, and the Colston School and a great deal more in Bristol - the Merchant Venturers (the remnants of the age of slave traders; such as Edward Colston, benefactor of the private school that bears his name) who are also known as The Bristol Mafia. We might meet at the local pub - The Merchants' Arms - that is owned by ... guess who?.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 15:21:33 PM »
As to the insidious technology it is going to be worse. Not only have I discovered that one of my neighbours is an ecologist and another an hydrologist, but also one is a professional "Social Media Consultant" for corporate clients and another a "Webpage Designer". It seems we will be state of the art on FB and Twitter and in next to no time have our own webpage. Rah! Rah! Down with the Merchant Venturers!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 16:48:07 PM »
Colwyn, your spelling leaves an awful lot to be desired in Facebook world, your words are far too long and you use Punctuation! Sorry mate you will be a figure of fun in no time and it will all end in tears.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 10:49:02 AM »
wot u meen tman omg lol

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 11:04:59 AM »
You forgot to add a kiss at the end of every post x