Author Topic: Sky TV help  (Read 817 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Sky TV help
« on: April 25, 2015, 12:57:09 PM »
Can any Sky tv guru's help ?

I have sky tv but the sky box keeps freezing or lagging necessitating unplugging it and re starting it. I have tried all of the useless things sky suggest other than wiping the box and starting again. It is becoming a daily routine now so I have acquired a replacement box with an old viewing card from my Mum who no longer has sky.

So the questions;
We have a load of recordings on the dodgy box so can I either transfer to the new box? or leave the old box plugged in to the TV without a viewing subscription and still watch the recordings from it?

Can I  plug the old box into a spare TV and use it as a Set top box? will I get any decent channels?

Do I just swap my viewing card from my old box to my new or do I have to inform sky?

By the way this is all in the UK not Turkey.

Thanks in anticipation

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Sky TV help
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 13:19:12 PM »
You certainly couldn't transfer recorded content from box to box in the old days. I doubt that's changed unless you can transfer content via USB stick etc. That's doubtful because you can't even view recorded content on a working box if you ever cancel Sky - the content dies with your subscription.

An old box will work for BBC/ITV/4 channels etc, even the HD ones.

Your old card will work in any box (we used to let the girls take the card to gran's when they stayed over and it worked fine in her Sky box - apart from Sky Sports/Movies. If you have them you will need to get Sky involved.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: Sky TV help
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 14:42:21 PM »
Thanks Keith
Pretty much as I thought. I knew Sky would not make it easy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf