Author Topic: Taking holiday in term time  (Read 6647 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Taking holiday in term time
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 16:34:45 PM »
they both have different rules to the rest of us.
Oi! What's this "rest of us" claptrap? I'm not going by the same rules as you. No way.

Online KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 16:57:03 PM »
There's something about you that I like Colwyn. For the life of me a can't remember what it is, or why.  ;)

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2015, 17:11:01 PM »
So the Gypsies have a different set of rules to the rest of us. Well I am surprised.!

Perhaps they're worried that if they upset them they won't keep returning to our

green and open spaces.

I wonder if there are other "groups" that have special exemptions.?

I believe that police officers children are exempt too or at least they used to be.

Markar

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 17:53:52 PM »

If they are going to fine parents for taking kids out out in term time it should be across across the board or abolished.

It's open to abuse and likewise the headmasters discretion. We managed without fines for generations.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2015, 18:16:27 PM »
There was a woman on "This Morning"  a couple of weeks ago, who now faces jail for taking her children out of school in term time.   So it is not just fines that parents face.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2015, 21:06:36 PM »
It must be more lenient in Scotland - our girls' school have an award ceremony in the last week before the Summer break up and the number of kids who are called up to collect an award only for someone to confirm they are not in school is amazing - and they are all off on holiday. We took our girls out 2 days early this year (having seen this award ceremony several times!!) but it was by accident - we always fly on the same day each year, in previous years it was just after the end of school term, for some reason this year ended a week later.

However, no strife, no fines, we asked for permission and were told that it would be marked down as "unauthorised absence" - no punishments though.

Last year we met a family from Essex on holiday - we were in school holiday time up here but England still had a number of weeks to go. When we asked what they had to do to get their kids out for the holiday they said they got special permission for a close family member's wedding. They didn't take any chances, everyone got dressed up one day, including bride in wedding dress, bridesmaids all matching, photographer.

Nothing strange there you may think. Well no, apart from it being all for show and photos, there was no wedding :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf