Author Topic: Not often that I................  (Read 1652 times)

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
Not often that I................
« on: November 11, 2015, 23:40:56 PM »
It's not often that I eulogise on ITV programming, but their documentary (poll, call it what you will) on the National favourite Beatles No 1, was magical.  Brought back so many memories of my teenage years.  Unfortunately not all of my idols are wearing too well (Tony Crane, ditch the hair dye). Ringo looks absolutely great, despite being the eldest of the Fab Four.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Not often that I................
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 23:47:23 PM »
Ringo...?  Fairly mediocre skin pounder compared to Andy Best who passed away today. 

JF

Offline Steve A

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 00:09:44 AM »
Pete Best was the original drummer,Andy Best was the session man on their early stuff.
Ri go very underrated he became a very good tub thumper

Offline CleopatrasAsp

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 00:36:24 AM »
Ringo...?  Fairly mediocre skin pounder compared to Andy Best who passed away today. 

JF
Whilst it's true Ringo was not the most outstanding drummer of his time, he was still part of a group whose influence is still regarded as important 50 years down the line!!! My point was that he looks well and is carrying his years far better than Paul McCartney.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 00:52:48 AM »
And I believe you are referring to Andy White who died earlier this week.  He played on Love Me do (which charted higher in the US) but Ringo was the drummer for the UK release.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 09:41:16 AM »
Ringo does look good for his age, but his "Peace and Love" anthem really gets on my nerves.  I always thought he was the one Beatle with the least talent.
I also find it very sad that neither Ringo or Paul could manage to go to Cilla's funeral.  I wonder why two elderly men in their seventies who are multi millionaires could not have found the time to hire a private jet and go over to Liverpool to say goodbye to the lady they both described as a life long friend of over 50 years ??

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 10:26:03 AM »
Back in the early days a local Brummie band were touring with the Beatles and half way though their set the
drummers foot pedal broke off. He decided to keep going then noticed someone come along side him on their
hands and knees fixing a new pedal on. It was Ringo.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf