Author Topic: only me..tut  (Read 5672 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

only me..tut
« on: November 05, 2016, 19:02:49 PM »
Only left my tablet on the plane..rang but can take 72 hours. Monarch could have it, police, security..I left ithe in magazine rack..fingers crossed I get it back. Just to top it all the phone broke n had to wait for a spare to charge. Suprised myself how much I miss turkey despite being with family and waiting for a new grandson. .

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: only me..tut
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 19:30:53 PM »
I was going to allow you those cheap digs on the Costa de Luz, but can imagine ten minutes after you walked through the door our consumer unit would go on fire, the water tank would start to leak and it would start raining, in June!!!

Seriously though, you will get it back - the woman who runs lost prop at malaga and I are on first name terms through a combination of kids and their friends coming out.  So far two tablets,  a jacket and one expensive camera.   If it's closed I now know where she'll be, having a cuppa with her mates   :)

JF

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 21:48:24 PM »
As always summat to give me peace of mind..thanks ;D

Let's hope your Spanish is up to calling all the utilities..I hear there are some great bargain flights at the minute..always like a small sherry before dinner.  ;) :D

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 22:47:23 PM »
I'm just not sure my Spanish is up to the devastation you would wreak...

Language is a funny thing, two wee sherries and I start talking SpanTurk...  iki cerveza lutfen  :)

JF

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 00:42:45 AM »

Bernie

3 sherry's and he breaks into "just a wee deoch an doris, just a wee drop that's all."     ;) 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 09:17:54 AM »
A friend of ours left his iphone on a B.A. Flight coming in from the States.  He realised he had left it as soon as he got into the Airport and told stafff, of course he could not go back, but he asked if staff would bring it to him.  Nothing happened when he returned to his house he made lots of enquiries and no one had found the iphone.  However, iphone replaced his phone under an insurance he had with them. 
Bernie, if you don't get your ipad back, check your insurance.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 10:24:01 AM »
Jacqui  it's not an I pad it's a Samsung galaxy tab. It's not covered by insurance,unfortunately. I have to phone back as monarch bring their stuff down bulk. So tomorrow will tell.

Offline jamesuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 10:55:48 AM »
Usually after a plane lands the cleaning crew go on board to do their job. If they are an honest crew they should find it and hand it in and i hope they do. I cannot see a passenger seeing it and taking it as they get off the plane. So good luck on getting it back Bernie.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 11:13:37 AM »
Only left my tablet on the plane..rang but can take 72 hours. Monarch could have it, police, security

I'm making the assumption that Monarch are no different to EasyJet, Ryanair et al, therefore the procedure is that the cabin crew do a walk through the cabin immediately after the last passenger disembarks.  Any property left (other than newspapers, magazines etc) is handed over to there ground handling agents who then pass it over to the airport lost & found office with details of the flight and row where found.  As far as I know, they do not make any enquiries themselves to reunite folks with property.

I don't know where you flew into, but for Manchester, try: Telephone: 0330 223 0893 Email: manchester@luggage-point.co.uk and Birmingham: Email: birmingham@luggage-point.co.uk Tel: 0330 223 0893 followed by Option 1.  These are the contact details for the folks who deal with stuff left on planes or anywhere airside.

JF

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 11:47:20 AM »
Thanks John it's luggage point  bhx I'm in contact with. She said today monarch hand their stuff in bulk and it will be bought down tomorrow if it's there. There is also a live list where u can see what's been handed in. See what tomorrow brings.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf