Author Topic: pegasus flight to London via Istanbul  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
pegasus flight to London via Istanbul
« on: November 25, 2014, 19:54:16 PM »
I am looking at a flight with Pegasus from Dalaman to Stansted, the booking page says via Istanbul, my question is would I have to get off the plane at Istanbul and get on another or would I stay on that plane and other passengers board? I don't get the reason for stopping at Istanbul and as I will be travelling alone I want to know what is what before I go ahead and book, thanks for any help  :)

Offline Eric

Re: pegasus flight to London via Istanbul
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 20:05:21 PM »
You change planes at Istanbul.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 20:43:36 PM »
Oh ok thank you Eric think I will give that a miss then!

Offline Marggie

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 21:15:59 PM »
Karen, it is realy quite easy. If you book your flight from Dalaman to Stanstead you will be given boarding cards for both flights and your luggage will be transferred for your connecting flight in Istanbul.

You just go from domestic to international departures which is well sign posted.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 21:41:37 PM »
Its actually Sabiha Gokcen that Pegasus use which means not trotting off to another terminal, they've only got one.  You could hardly find an easier transit if you tried.

JF

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 09:41:23 AM »
Thank you Marggie and John lol!
Gatwick is my ideal destination but found a flight to Stansted yester with Pegasus which was a really good price but I am one of life,s worriers and don't think I will be brave enough to change planes...
I have found a good price one to Gatwick from Antalya but a single transfer is expensive, I am goingvto go down that route I think and try and find someone to share a transfer with...
Thanks again though  :)

Offline lissa

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 20:03:30 PM »
It really is as easy as John and Marggie say. Much easier than going to Antalya I would say. Though if you want Gatwick rather than Stansted, that is obviously another consideration. If you decide to fly to Stansted with Pegasus, maybe ask on here for anyone else flying on the same day? So you could join up with them? I have flown with Pegasus into Stansted a number of times and found the 2 flights to be very good. No problems at Sabiha Gokcen, as just a short walk, and there are staff to point you in the right direction.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf