Author Topic: Does anyone support the students?  (Read 8966 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Does anyone support the students?
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 11:57:45 AM »
These particular dogs have fleas Alan

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

they will have absolutely no support from the British public.

Untrue. They will continue to have my support and that of many, many other people. Should peaceful football fans stop going to matches because some other so-called fans are thugs who rampage the streets?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:23:37 PM by Colwyn »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 12:26:24 PM »
Totally agree with you Colwyn well said.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 13:12:47 PM »
I dont see much of that support on here so far, if they continue with these protests hijacked by these thugs the support they do have will soon dissapear and by continuing them they are condoning the actions of these thugs.

They have had three protests so far all getting worse as they go on, you the taxpayer are footing the bill for this, someone will pay with their life.

When was the last time you saw football hooligans causing this amount of anarchy,mayhem and total disrespect for society?

Offline saoirse

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 13:33:33 PM »
As regards Charlie and his squeeze-whilst peaceful protest is always preferable the   ever widening gulf between the  obscenely privileged and the rest was certainly brought into sharp focus with these 2 pointless scroungers driving into a protest.

Will do both these lifetime on benefit chinless wonders no harm to see a snap of the real world

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 13:52:33 PM »
Tinkerman, I think you'll find there is a damned sight more support for the students than there is for Lib-Dems MPs who all signed a personal pledge to oppose rises in fees and then voted the opposite way, or abstained, at their first opprtunity.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 14:23:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nuttybird

I personally do not support the students, I support the right to free speach and peaceful demonstrations,etc

NB - you have summed it up perfectly.

I would just add that "someone has to pay" and that is all of us taxpayers - so this is not a gravy train.

I also cannot abide this crusade to get degrees at any price - I haven't got one - 3 of my 4 children have good ones - but I am working with people regularly who have got one and frankly they are too often not very bright all all and as someone who once employed 160 people - they are unemployable in the private sector for anything other than minimum wage roles! When asked what have they got and where did they get it - the answers tell you more about selling inappropriate products to gullible teenagers than anything else.

To finish - I met a colleague at a Dobbies Garden Centre last week - we had pin striped suits on - we made a light hearted comment at the till and the young Asian lad politely said "are you business people?" He went on to tell us that he had got a degree from a local college that is now a University - yeah - in IT Infrastructure Management - for over a year - he couldn't get an interview let alone a job. He told us this was a new course and "he was "privileged" to be in the first cohort" - yeah - wonder who told him that?

We politely excused ourselves and sat down - he followed us to the table - "what would you do if you were me" he asked. The lad was polite, genuine and desperate - dreams shattered working on the till for minimum wage after being promised a bright future.

I wanted to say "sue the university because they are a bunch of money grabbing sharks who count numbers not people" but that wouldn't have helped so we tried to give hime some advice and some hope.

My point is these degrees are too often a sham - basic laws of supply and demand - too many do not lead to employment - so bring back vocational qualifications - city and guilds - technical schools and get some of these people into real jobs.

Rant over - Ian
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 14:25:40 PM by Ian »

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 14:32:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by saoirse

As regards Charlie and his squeeze-whilst peaceful protest is always preferable the   ever widening gulf between the  obscenely privileged and the rest was certainly brought into sharp focus with these 2 pointless scroungers driving into a protest.

Will do both these lifetime on benefit chinless wonders no harm to see a snap of the real world

Oh right - off with their heads then?

Should all pensioners be terrorised on the streets of our capital or is it ok if it is just the very rich ones?

Offline saoirse

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 14:37:12 PM »
Dont make me laugh-these 2 have very little in common with many many pensioners. What these  scrounging toffs  scoff in champagne from their benefit money would keep many poor (and getting poorer) pensioners warm for the entire winter.

The two of them with their over priviged excessive lifestyle are a nauseating example of a massive rich/poor divide
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 14:37:52 PM by saoirse »

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 14:40:18 PM »
You are bringing something into the debate that has nothing to do with the subject - a bit like our anarchists really.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 14:45:17 PM by Ian »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf