Author Topic: Come Fly With Me  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Come Fly With Me
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 23:18:16 PM »
I think it was the blatant act of not conforming to "Political correctness" that made Little Britain worth watching sometimes. I think their observation research for this new show, is spot on.
:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Come Fly With Me
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 23:19:58 PM »
Miranda is parlour comedy for people who write a complaint to points of view if they watch something in which there is a farting dog.

My point was that some people see racism everywhere - if there aren't people like the West Indian character it wouldn't work, but there are. These people exist in our country and we've all seen them, possibly dozens of times. When did it become the law that you can only take the mickey out of people in the UK who can trace their British history back to Anglo Saxon times?

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Come Fly With Me
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 11:33:55 AM »
I wouldn't mind betting that half of the employees at Manchester Airport are of a non British origin. As Scunner says if they were all British at the airports then the program wouldn't work for saddo's like me & Toky who find it good comedy.
After all the program is a mickey take based on the original Airline program which was full of non British people.

Offline valleyboy

Come Fly With Me
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 12:22:15 PM »
I think racism aside, comedy is like music, politics, football and other such things that influence us as individuals, it is very much a "one man's meat is another man's poison" issue.

I was on the "didn't quite get it" side of the fence with this show, as with "Benidorm", which I was disappointed with, however this is purely my opinion.

And while we're at it how does Frankie Boyle get away with it ???

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf