Author Topic: Calis please follow this example  (Read 831 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Calis please follow this example
« on: February 03, 2011, 09:35:42 AM »
New York is to ban all smoking on public beaches and parks including Times Square stating "No one wants to breathe second hand smoke and be surrounded by cigarette butts whilst relaxing"[^]

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »
They are already strict about smoking in New York, however, even as a non smoker I feel sorry for people who do smoke especially in N.Y. as the parks are the open spaces that a lot of smokers use and they seem pretty good about not dropping litter.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 18:03:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

New York is to ban all smoking on public beaches and parks including Times Square stating "No one wants to breathe second hand smoke and be surrounded by cigarette butts whilst relaxing"[^]

Do you really believe someone smoking in the open air near you is going to harm you or do you just not like the smell -which I don't consider a problem outside?

As for the litter aspect - totally agree that it is unacceptable whether it's a cig butt, sweet wrapper, tissue, or whatever the litter may be. The answer surely isn't to ban the use of xyz -
"no drinking, eating, chewing, applying sun lotion etc on the beach in case you leave litter"

That's a case of a few are inconsiderate so ban everyone from doing it.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 20:35:36 PM »
 :) Public beaches !!!!!!!!!!!, the smokers dont even smoke a full ciggy on Calis Beach with the wind, and if people took their own litter there would not be a problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf