Author Topic: Norway tragedy  (Read 1443 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Norway tragedy
« on: July 24, 2011, 08:26:11 AM »
Now the dust has settled in Oslo we can start to take account of what happened and maybe get some analysis of why it happened.
My heartfelt condolences go out to all the friends and families in Norway effected by it all, how the kids will ever live with what happened is beyond me, a very sad day for everyone.

How do you legislate for one complete nutcase?

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Norway tragedy
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:49:47 AM »
What a vile waste.  It can be a sick world.  How on earth with the families and friends of those lost, cope with what has happened?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Norway tragedy
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 09:40:39 AM »
A terrible tradegy. I'm not sure we will ever know why Tink. How on earth do you begin to try and explain such a heinous act.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:45:50 AM by Highlander »

Offline fletch

Norway tragedy
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 09:43:19 AM »
So many lives ruined by a madman and in such a peaceful country.

A mad world indeed! Why is it that most of these events are carried out by such angry people that do it all in the name of God? Do they not remember that their faith should promote peace?

His act has and will continue to affect thousands of people for years to come. How will he ever be safe wherever they place him? His family will now live in fear awaiting a revenge act. Such evil cannot be explained, and in my opinion he should face a death penalty.

I can't begin to imagine the fear felt by those being slaughtered and hunted around the island. To lay there and play dead whilst listening to the sound of a killer just metres away not knowing if he will see you move or hear you breathe under such immense fear. Those poor people had no chance!

If there is peace to be found after death then I hope they find it, he should rot in hell!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Norway tragedy
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »
I agree entirely fletch. When proven guilty this man should be executed.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:47:46 AM by Highlander »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Norway tragedy
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 09:49:57 AM »
According to the news he has said he will explain why he did it in court tomorrow they have also said the maximum penalty he can recieve in Norway is 21 years.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Norway tragedy
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 09:52:09 AM »

Another crazy part of this is he can only be put away for a maximum of 21 years under Norwegean law.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Norway tragedy
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 09:54:45 AM »
Yes, I'm reading that he claimed it was "gruesome but necessary".

21 years not right. For my money, he should be made to face a firing squad with no blindfold so that maybe, just maybe he can feel the fear that his victims felt.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Norway tragedy
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 10:20:31 AM »

Agree entirely John. He should swing for one murder let alone 92.

Just read on AOL that he has confessed to the murders but denies  criminal Responsibility.

Offline marina

Norway tragedy
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 10:59:49 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rindaloo

What a vile waste.  It can be a sick world.  How on earth with the families and friends of those lost, cope with what has happened?

I agree Rindaloo, and I have absolutely no idea what they are going through now, we can only try and imagine what it would be like.

But like the victims and families of other tragedies such as 9/11, 7/7, Dunblane, Cumbria etc, they will hopefully get the strength from each other to pull through and carry on, although so many young, innocent lives have been cut short or ruined their lives will never be the same again.

My deepest sympathies to all concerned.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf