Author Topic: I Pod Shuffle..Gis A Clue..  (Read 936 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

I Pod Shuffle..Gis A Clue..
« on: March 18, 2012, 21:22:01 PM »
:D
Lovely children have bought me an ipod shuffle for Mothers day. Have gone on to I tunes downloaded the album I wanted.

To get the tunes from the computer to the ipod remains a mystery. According to the instructions, it is supposed to automatically recognise the device and add it. There is even a section to manually add the device, but they all should bring up an icon on itunes to show a device is added, but for some reason it isnt.

My thoughts are:-
A)It,s in the wrong hole on the computer, although I have tried all available.

B) Do I have a faulty Ipod/wire

c) Am I doing something wrong/is it supposed to be turned on or off for the syncing thing?

D) Do I really need a bloody Ipod thing anyway and should I just put it on the top shelf of the wardrobe, along with all the other presents/ stuff I cant operate or stand the smell of  :-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 21:42:12 PM »
Mrs Scunner insists on calling a cable a "wire" too  ;)

When you connect the "wire" do you notice anything happening at all - a sound, something appearing in iTunes, a bit of computer activity - anything?

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 03:18:34 AM »
The cable should be flush against the iPod, with no visible gap.

Woops..the wire wasn't in properly!! Obviously, 3am is a good time to wake up and look for a trouble shooter with pictures..

Thanks

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 03:19:50 AM »
The cable should be flush against the iPod, with no visible gap.

Woops..the wire wasn't in properly!! Obviously, 3am is a good time to wake up and look for a trouble shooter with pictures..

Thanks

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:15:28 AM »
An iPod with repeat function......

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 18:49:22 PM »

lol..so funny.  I,m embarrassed to confess that after syncin my music, I only managed to connect it to the wrong hole, so it didnt recharge!! I know I,m hopeless.

On a more positive note, this was bought for me as I have started to train for the 13 mile St Lukes Midnight Walk in June. Anyone that knows me knows how I never walk anywhere if I can help it,so I am getting alot of stick, but I am determined to prove them all wrong and raise as much dosh as possible for this hospice.

Offline marina

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 19:14:45 PM »
Bernie, stick with the Ipod.  I got one bought for Christmas a couple of years ago and thought "what the hell do I do with that!"  but now think it's one of the best presents I ever had!  Although I do confess my daughter had to show me several times how to get my music onto it.  

Good luck with the walk too,  prove them all wrong and raise lots of money for your charity! Well done.  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf