Author Topic: School Days...  (Read 5011 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
School Days...
« on: September 18, 2012, 10:05:24 AM »
What are your happy memories and bad memories from your school days?

I ask this as we were sat down the other night discussing our next party and decided on a Back to School theme, which got us all thinking about things we used to do and we could do on the night  ;D and things we couldn't do ;D School uniforms,school dinners, playground antics, teachers, football in the playground while the girls were doing handstands ;D, hopscotch, kiss chase :P sports days....

:D >:(  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: School Days...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:30:53 AM »
Turning up at school with no trousers or pants on, being chased by a gang of big boys but the ground is muddy, so heavy I can't run, I can't get away from them and they are catching up fast.

Oh hang on , perhaps that was a dream.

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 11:03:38 AM »
Smoking in the toilets, swapping packed lunches, writing graffiti on the blackboard.....oh wait, that was just me :angel:

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 12:20:50 PM »
Turning up at school with no trousers or pants on, being chased by a gang of big boys but the ground is muddy, so heavy I can't run, I can't get away from them and they are catching up fast.

Oh hang on , perhaps that was a dream.

or do you mean a nightmare???

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 12:25:20 PM »
There must be some bike shed stories :o and I think it's nearly time to get your conkers out ;D

I wonder how many prefects we have on here??? and who got the most house points??? ;D

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 16:46:33 PM »
Just two memories from sooooo  many .......That `gut` feeling when I was sent out of class and had to stand in the corridor.. in fear of our headmaster patrolling the place... if I was seen ( which was many occasions ) it was straight to his study for 3/4 whacks on the ass and it hurt !!  yep it was back in the old `corporal punishment days`
But then there was the other `gut` feeling of a different kind  :-)  when during dinnertimes me and my mates ( was all boys school )  cycled a couple of miles down the road to peer through the school railings at the `all girls school `   corrrr  what memories for a young 14 year old boy they were  :-)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 19:09:14 PM »
When in the Sixth Form the most important information was in which pubs the staff were drinking at lunchtime - so we could find somewhere else. Fortunately, since our school was right in the centre of Bristol, there was plenty of choice.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 19:09:56 PM »
I remember getting the slipper and the cane for bunking off.
Doing lines for constantly forgetting my PE Kit.
Smoking behind the bike sheds.

Good times with friends not seen for 30 years

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 19:12:00 PM »
We just missed the cane years, the ruler was the maximum punishment in our school.

Anyone remember playing pirates in the gym in PE?

Offline Stan

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 19:46:52 PM »
Class really wound a lady teacher up for a full lesson ,she was very nearly crying, little did we know that one of the strictest teachers in the school had been in the store room all the time ,what a bo******ng we all got.
As Scunner mentioned the ruler , was walking with my hands in my pockets  and this git of a teacher smacked my wrist with the edge of a bloody  3 ft  rule ,happy days   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf