Author Topic: Your first trip overseas  (Read 3813 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Your first trip overseas
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2013, 19:25:05 PM »
It was quite a few years ago Colwyn  ;)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Your first trip overseas
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2013, 06:38:50 AM »
A bit of a late starter me, parents could never afford school trips abroad but our holidays to Cornwall seemed like going to a foreign country, we used to set off at 6pm, stop under the Bristol Suspension bridge where there was an all night tea van and arrive at our campsite in Looe the next morning.

I was 26 before I bought my first passport when Chris and I went to San Antonio in Ibiza, Chris was already a seasoned International traveller having earlier been to Benidorm  with her parents.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2013, 07:10:58 AM »
Mine too was Benidorm  :)omg have just worked it out it will be 29 years ago this summer, it was a girls holiday and at the time I thought we were  pretty wild but on seeing the holiday programmes abroad nowadays it was actually quite tame!!!
The programme "what happens in Kavos" it was on either late last year or early this year was unbelievable, one of the docs said it was like trying to carry out medical procedures in the middle of a night club and it looked that way, mind you the Greek doc was a bit of a dish so that would have been an added bonus  ;)

Offline angela

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2013, 09:35:57 AM »
I watched that programme with a mix of fascination and horror, that would be one of my worst nightmares being in with that lot, but I agree, the Greek doc was worth a second look   ;)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2013, 11:42:23 AM »
Did the usual french and german school trips, but my first 'real' holiday abroad without parents, was when I was 17......in Morrocco.  I hated every single minute of it, such a culture shock !  It was a 'Twenties' holiday, camping in thatched huts on a crappy bit of beach somewhere rather remote.  having saved and saved for months for it, it was all rather a disappointment.   Thassos the following year was heaven in comparision  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf