Author Topic: travelers cheques  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: travelers cheques
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 20:01:06 PM »
Surely the only safe safe is one that is securely fixed to a structure.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 20:23:15 PM »
Surely the only safe safe is one that is securely fixed to a structure.
Our travel safe is a small metal box with a combination lock, big enough for passports, mobile phones cash etc.
It has a wire rope attached which you wrap around a water pipe or other fixed structure.
the chance of a burglar turning up with a hacksaw is pretty small - we don't lose any sleep worrying   ;)

Offline onefurtheroad

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 18:51:48 PM »
Jacqui, there was a topic on here last year that caused alot of debate about the Nationwide Flex account. I'm sure they have plugged the loophole and anyone opening a Flex account now will not be able to withdraw Sterling free of charge. If you have the old Flex account you can still withdraw Sterling free of charge.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 22:50:35 PM »
I have a NW flexcard but I use my N & P debit card it is free withdrawls of TL. It is usually a better exchange rate as well.
The only drawback is you have to pay £500 per month in. You can withdraw it straight away though.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 09:44:36 AM »
Jacqui, there was a topic on here last year that caused alot of debate about the Nationwide Flex account. I'm sure they have plugged the loophole and anyone opening a Flex account now will not be able to withdraw Sterling free of charge. If you have the old Flex account you can still withdraw Sterling free of charge.

I had a look at the Flex Account Page for N.W. and it still is only showing up charges for Non Sterling Transactions, so, it would seem that Sterling Transactions are still not attracting a fee..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf