Author Topic: And we used to call that holiday..  (Read 1177 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

And we used to call that holiday..
« on: July 23, 2014, 10:15:33 AM »
For years we holidayed for 2 weeks,sat by the pool in the day,Out for dinner every night,went on trips. Then went home saying how relaxed we were..

Where we flippin crazy..relaxed? We didn,t know the meaning of the word.  : :)

Spent the week with our first visitors, a couple and a teenager. They did exactly what we had done for years previously..boy it near on killed us! Sometimes I had to let them go on their own,or sent slik .For instance, now if we go out in the day, we come home home have our feet up and then spend the evening on balcony maybe with a barbecue..or do nowt! These visitors, my neice and her family were up and out, back in our pool,then got ready and went out again..Don,t get me wrong, it was lovely to see them and I enjoyed their company immensley..they said they felt really relaxed and had loved it here.  8)

we have all of September and most of October booked with friends and relatives..i,m hoping to find some energy from somewhere. I have definately settled into the Turkish way of life..yavas yavas. :-\ :D 8)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: And we used to call that holiday..
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 10:50:58 AM »
Thats one of the problems of living in a holiday destination in a villa with spare bedrooms, everyone wants to visit, and you end up spending all your time entertaining them, or clearing up after them.  It may well be lovely to see family and friends, but while you were living in the UK they could call round for a coffee, or at the most a weekend visit, now its weeks at a time.  Bet you don't get so many visitors clamouring ti visit you in the chill of January!!!   ;)

Offline quackers

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 16:08:57 PM »
I ban vısıtors ın July and August. They can come any other tıme but thıs ıs my tıme. Cant entertaın ın the heat ı just want to laze about and swim.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 08:42:00 AM »
We just tell family and friends alike that we don't "do" bed & breakfast, so they still come and stay in a hotel. We can then see them as and when. But we do find life a lot more hectic when visitors are here.

Offline janmack

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 10:07:32 AM »
We've just had family out and it was absolutely manic...we enjoyed every minute of it...however we are very happy to have our own quiet, peaceful life back again  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf