Author Topic: Europe  (Read 12071 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Europe
« on: February 20, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »
I am very much on the fence with this one and what Mr Cameron brought to the table this morning has not helped me decide either way.
I'd be interested to see what others think?

Offline thinwhiteduke

• Newly Registered
Re: Europe
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 12:46:13 PM »
 out! We want our country back.

Offline alixandria

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 13:33:10 PM »
Not on the fence here. Out. As for Cameron I hope he is out to by resigning if the vote is Out which I hope it is. As thinwhiteduke said. We want out country back.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 13:54:19 PM »
Well Anne, I suppose somebody had to post a poll sooner or later; I think CBF members have done well to delay it this long. Four months of squabbling ahead - oh dear. Typical of Cameron to decide to hold the vote when I'm in Turkey so I'll have to go to the bother of arranging a postal vote. I don't suppose voting on CBF counts, does it?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 14:31:44 PM »
I am absolutely sure I am undecided

Offline marina

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 14:37:07 PM »
If you'd asked me a few weeks ago I would have probably said to stay in, but I've just voted undecided because I really want some hard facts about the benefits, or not, of staying in Europe before I make a decision.  Haven't yet had much time to have a look at the deal the Cameron has done but will do later today. 
Ask me again in June and I'll hopefully have made up my mind  : :)

Offline GlennB

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 17:38:20 PM »
The problem is when we went into Europe we voted for a COMMON MARKET to help and boost trade, what we have now is a United States of Europe. The younger generation have known no different and they are the ones likely to keep us in with their vote, unfortunately a large amount of those that made the original vote have shuffled of this mortal coil

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 18:33:34 PM »

I don't know how the UK managed before the EU came along and sucked us in. The latest "negotiations" have been part Drama
  part Pantomime. They can't even decide on their positions in the never ending group photo's. No accountancy company in the
  world has been prepared to sign off the EU's annual accounts as being a true and honest record, because of the amount of
  fraud and corruption contained within them. The EU is crumbling and we don't need to go down with them. The threats made by
  EU "leaders " against the UK if it's citizens vote democratically to leave speaks volumes about their true feelings about us.
  Just my opinion.!!       :)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 11:14:22 AM »
In the 1975 referendum I voted against the EC and found myself on the losing side (by a long way). Over the years since then I have come to view my vote then as mistaken and am now solidly in support of staying in. I am getting the feeling that I might be on the losing side again. But in 1975 opinions changed markedly over the last few months as companies began explaining the impact of leaving the EC would have on their business - and on their employees jobs. So things may still change a lot before June.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 11:24:06 AM »
I have the feeling that the result will come from people's perception of effect on immigration if we are in and out, rather than their perception of effect on business.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf