Author Topic: Sex in strange places..  (Read 3428 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Sex in strange places..
« on: August 24, 2016, 23:13:58 PM »
BBC1 Tuesday 30th 10.45pm British time.  Meeting sex workers in Troubled Turkey. .Wonder if Calis will be featured  :angel: ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Sex in strange places..
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 23:20:55 PM »
I was ready to answer when I saw the topic title

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 05:55:02 AM »
Oooh...is it a new one? Last one featured Istanbul and was quite interesting  :)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 10:16:16 AM »
I didn't know it was on before. I,ll have to have a look  :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 11:24:51 AM »
Its a repeat.  Still available on iPlayer.

I thought overall it was pretty poor.  They deliberately provoked (potentially dangerous) confrontations - openly taking a camera into Tarlabasi where all the transvestite brothels are was sheer stupidity, they were fortunate none of the crew, or the presenter, were hurt.  Same goes for them filming brothel street in Karakoy.

In the latter part they used a syrian refugee (who allegedly worked as a prostitute) to set up a confrontation with shopkeepers.  Fortunately their Turkish production assistant seen sense and got them away before someone got hurt.

Going back to a previous thread - in some respects their actions weren't too dissimilar to the Leeds fans who got stabbed, only difference is they were provoking Turks in the name of journalism...

One bit made me laugh though, the presenter expressing shock that folks thought she was "looking for business", while she was standing on a street corner in Tarlabsi...  doh! 

Maybe I just missed the whole point of the programme...

JF

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 12:18:34 PM »
I have never seen it,and posted because I, m still a bit shocked about ladies of the night being in Turkey, let alone Calis. Who knew I was that naive :-[

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 12:38:53 PM »
It's ok, nothing wrong with giving folks who haven't seen it a heads up that it's on. 

You talk about naive...  many years ago me and the OH spied a new bar in Fethiye, up some stairs near Pasa Kebab.  Took us about 30mins before we realised what type of "bar" it was  :)  by that time we were settled, large yerli cins in hand and having a good time chatting to the barman and a few customers.  They didn't seem to mind, the 'lady manager' didn't seem to mind and ultimately we had a good night.  Bar bill required a fair bit of haggling though.

It didn't last long, by the time we were next down, maybe four or five weeks later, it was closed.  Not that we wanted to revisit of course!

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf