Author Topic: Orka  (Read 2112 times)

Offline lissa

Orka
« on: October 20, 2014, 21:33:41 PM »
There appears to be a lot of hotel take over/building by this group. They started off quite modestly with a hotel in Ovacik, then built the Orka Sunrise overlooking Oludeniz, they then purchased the Ocakkoy site last year. They plan to demolish this and build a 5* all inclusive hotel which should open in 2016. These are originally Greek houses, though sympathetically restored years ago and used as tourist accommodation. The whole area will now be demolished as far as I know.
They are also in the process of building a very large hotel in Marmaris., which should open next year, 2015. I have been told they have good friends in high places, ones with shoe boxes.................. I am now wondering if they have any interest in Kayakoy......

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Orka
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 22:43:57 PM »
Perhaps they'll get too big for their fins ?  ;)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 00:37:13 AM »
Orka are part of the Edel Staal group, a Dutch company.  Not likely to end up skint in the immediate future.

JF

Offline Menthol

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 14:24:19 PM »
Funnily enough Lissa, I've been having a drive around Ovacik's back roads today, just having a nosy and checking out stuff. I couldn't help noticing the huge number of Orka signs everywhere - either on rough land not yet built on or semi finished properties or complete properties for sale.

There's a small development of Orka houses behind my house that are in the early stages of build and the quality of workmanship looks very rough.

I don't know if they are involved in the Kayakoy purchase but I reckon they fully own Ovacik and Hisaronu.  :-\

Offline Lotty

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 14:45:31 PM »
We stayed there once, it was peaceful heaven. 'Rumour' has it that they won't be allowed to demolish the Ocakkoy village houses, it must remain traditional, as it is now. Anyone else hear that? If that's the case they won't have a hope in hell in Kaya unless as you say they have 'friends'.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf