Author Topic: Car dump at Dalaman  (Read 8100 times)

Offline chris2158

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
what do they do with the cars & vans dumped at the compound ? Scrap them ? Also will be looking for a small van at end of summer season 2012 if anyone knows of someone selling one with UK plates as helping relocate someone .

Offline happy_flyer

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 22:39:05 PM »
How did you go on about extending the time for a further 6 months ?
Would be good if we could keep the car there for a year really.

Offline JackieandJess

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 09:17:43 AM »
Hi, we would also like any information about registering a uk car here if anyone could help with any advise on the procsess in getting blue plates.My auntie has retired here and would like to keep her car here permenantly.

Offline Eric

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 13:44:10 PM »
It costs a lot of money!

Offline headroom

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 16:43:55 PM »
I'd also like to know how to go about extending the six month rule, it would be good to learn how to do it. Thanks.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 16:48:32 PM »
I don't think you can extend the 6 months - as far as I know you have to arrange all this before bringing the car in - once the car is in Turkey the option to blue plate it is gone. Starman will hopefully comment tomorrow on that - he knows the regulations very well indeed.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 17:40:47 PM »
I have friends who drive over every year & stay around 8 months, but they take their car to Dalaman & lodge it with customs for up to 4 months. It costs them a tidy sum to do this. It's not a major problem them being without the car, as they spend a goodly proportion of their time pottering around the coast on their boat.

Offline walker9

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 08:17:45 AM »
We extended our 6months to 1 year, you have to take your pension papers with car documents to dalaman, they then give you another 6 months, no problems and no costs.

Offline headroom

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 09:52:03 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by walker9

We extended our 6months to 1 year, you have to take your pension papers with car documents to dalaman, they then give you another 6 months, no problems and no costs.

This is really interesting to know as we would love to do the drive at least once, so we just need to show proof of being a pensioner, to whom and where please? we have a place in Turkey (Kalkan) and intend to live there more or less full time although we would probably wish to escape July & August so longer than 6 months would be ideal. Thanks

Offline walker9

Car dump at Dalaman
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 15:25:15 PM »
just take pension papers and car documenys to customs at Dalaman, tell them you want an extension because you are retired

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf