Author Topic: Goverment vehicle insurance  (Read 10670 times)

Offline hamilton

Goverment vehicle insurance
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:23:02 PM »
Has there been a recent change regarding Goverment vehicle insurance requiring a Kimlik number? I have insured my car previously and it has not been a requirement, but it appears to be now?? Does it now mean that you cannot insure your vehicle if you do not have residency?? is there anyone that is aware of the recent change?
Regards
Tony

Offline cinders

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 13:05:17 PM »
We bought our car last year and had to have a kimlik number, fortunately the lady at the garage helped us to obtain this and we were told we could not purchase the vehicle without residency, and that was how she found the kimlik numberI am aware that things change very quickly here so perhaps someone who bought more recently could advise you[?]

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 15:44:01 PM »

I have bought and sold a car in the past couple of weeks and on the back of the noters "contract of sale" 4 pages of my residence permit have been copied.

Offline Eric

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 15:51:10 PM »
You do not need residency to buy or sell a vehicle. Last year the Notary Offices changed their software without realising that there was no space to put a foreigners ID such as passport number or tax number. As a result they just told people to get residency as they could not be bothered to go through the long winded process to get around this. Notary No 2 knows the problem and how to get around this so go to them. This information was given by Koray Atak of Atak Services in Fethiye, he is generally correct in all things legal and if you have a problem then contact him, or his wife Gunes (pronounced Gunesh)who will guide you through the system.
We insured our car last October, no residency no problem.  We have just returned from Bulgaria, driving there and back, got the insurance Green Card from our insurer no residency no problem.  You do need residency for travel insurance (holiday type) and medical insurance with some companies.

Once again-you do not need residency to buy or sell motor vehicles!

Offline hamilton

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 16:09:35 PM »
Thank you Eric for the info. I knew about the confusion regarding buying and selling vehicles and that had been cleared up.
The insurance company were adamant that they could not proceed with my insurance renewal without a kimlik number. I have used the same insurance company for 3 years, with no problem. I will try again and post the outcome.
thanks
tony

Offline Firo

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 16:55:58 PM »
Look at this thread Tony as same problem as yours but when he followed Eric's advice managed to get his insurance.....

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}39732

Offline starman™

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 06:58:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Eric
Once again-you do not need residency to buy or sell motor vehicles!

Depends on the province but in Istanbul you MUST have residence full stop.

Offline hamilton

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »
My checks so far point towards a change and you do need a Kimlik number. There are others trying to sell vehicles and Atak have not been able to help? If anyone knows a way around it, other than what has already been posted could you please reply.
Tony

Offline hamilton

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 12:24:11 PM »
I can confirm that you do NOT need residency to obtain goverment insurance. A change of insurance company sorted out the problem.

Thanky ou to those that responded trying too help.

Tony

Offline Eric

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 18:20:52 PM »
Told ya:D:D:D ;) ;) ;)

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}39732&whichpage=2

We actually popped into our own insurers today to check on this.  She confirmed that you DO NOT need residence to insure your car.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf