Author Topic: Electric scooter repair  (Read 2737 times)

Offline marjo

Electric scooter repair
« on: November 14, 2011, 08:46:28 AM »
Hi
Does anyone know of an electric scooter repair man? We have used the recommended service centre on the sanay before but they are unable to collect the bike as usual as they are too busy. We have no means of taking the bike to them, so do you know of any repair man that is willing to come to the house to look at the problem &/or take the bike away to be mended?
Also does anyone else with an electric bike have a problem that seems to be a loose connection causing a fully-charged bike to suddenly lose all power & not re-charge? This is the second time that this has happened :((both times Mark has been riding it, not me-I keep telling him he is too heavy for my bike!)
Thanks
Jo

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Electric scooter repair
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »
Have you tried Appo the guy that owns the scooter shop by the Ayden Pide roundabout, Im sure he would come out

Offline marjo

Electric scooter repair
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 09:09:02 AM »
Hi yes we have asked Appo but he doesn't do electric bike repairs

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Electric scooter repair
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 11:00:58 AM »
Hi Jo. Our neighbour bought an electric bike from Kippa and he has had the same problems as you. His has been in for repair about 5 times. First time the repair man took it back for free and now he wants 50tl to collect it every time. It is still under warranty being less than 7 months old. They dont seem to want anything to do with it. He has already had to change the battery and pay for it. Chinese junk springs to mind. ;)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 11:02:02 AM by mercury »

Offline micky mouse

Electric scooter repair
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 11:45:21 AM »
Try the bike shop in ciflik village,its down the road at the end on the left going away from mallisas,i took my scooter there this year for a service picked it up an hour later asked how much i owed the guy said nothing,i tryed to give him a tip but he refused to take that.Now thats what i call service,give it a try.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Electric scooter repair
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 13:05:43 PM »
Have you tried Bayram, I'm sure I heard somewhere that he has a brother that does them even if he can't do it himself

Offline marjo

Electric scooter repair
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 16:24:17 PM »
Thanks for replies!
Will try the one in Ciftlik first as its not too far from us, thanks Mickey. I love my bike but thought that I had perhaps got the runt of the litter as had a few problems-but seems like I'm not alone! Fingers crossed it can be mended easily this time.

Offline marjo

Electric scooter repair
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 14:22:42 PM »
Today I was really fed up at the lack of anybody who is willing to repair an electric scooter, so I decided to do it myself! Half an hour later & hey presto, one bike in working order-unbelievable!
After removing the front fascia & establishing all the connecting wires were OK, I removed the battery & plugged the bike in directly to the mains supply-the power etc was fine so I had established that it must be the battery at fault.
I undid the battery cover & immediately spotted the problem-one soldered connection now broken. On holding the connection in place the battery was able to re-charge. Without the aid of a soldering kit I have done a temporary repair with electrical insulation tape and once the battery was re-connected back to the bike I took the bike for a test drive & the connection held without any problems.
I am so pleased with myself!!!!
Now I know that this will not cure it completely but once soldered it should hold as before, & now I am aware of the problem I know it can be easily fixed if it goes again with the aid of my basic tool kit.
Saved money, learnt a new skill & feel smug that I could do it & Mark couldn't lol!!

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Electric scooter repair
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 14:36:28 PM »
Well done Jo, it kind of prooves the conversation we had yesterday : :) ;):D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 14:36:59 PM by Liz 101 »

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Electric scooter repair
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 15:44:55 PM »
Jo call round at ours I have a soldering iron (Carole has)
Mark

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf