Author Topic: Turkish Plate Car in the UK  (Read 3044 times)

Offline angieebabe

Turkish Plate Car in the UK
« on: September 04, 2015, 13:11:54 PM »
Hi some kindly advice required , What is the current Rules and Laws for a UK non Resident when Driving your Turkish Registered Car in the UK . i'e Insurance, Green Card, and License (UK or Turkish) Lenght of visit approx 3 months. 
Any experiences and or Advice much appreciated.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Turkish Plate Car in the UK
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 13:20:26 PM »
Provided that you have the necessary documents that you've already mentioned above, plus the registration documents, there's no requirement to do anything special for a visit of upto 6 months.

Surpringly enough, there's a "6 month rule" in the UK just as there is in Turkey but it's not so strenuously enforced. As the UK Police in some areas have the occasional purge on foreign registered vehicles it's worthwhile keeping hold of your ferry or Channel Tunnel ticket. This will act as proof of entry date into the UK for the vehicle.

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 13:26:36 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply KKOB , I only have a UK driving License but registered Non Resident in the UK do you think a Turkish Driving License would be advisable in this case or not to bother . Thanks .

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 16:07:43 PM »
Provided that your  licence is valid, ie if the Police should check that you're using that address legitimately and it hasn't expired, there's no need for any other licence.

It's well worthwhile arranging European Breakdown cover by using your UK address.

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 16:58:43 PM »
Can you use your UK address for European Breakdown Cover on a Turkish Addressed / Registered  Car .

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 17:18:53 PM »
Yes. The AA for instance cover the driver, not the vehicle. So, if you're a member, you're covered in any vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes, even of you're just a passenger.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf