Author Topic: Cheaper Electric  (Read 7317 times)

Offline Carpete

Cheaper Electric
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2004, 14:14:04 PM »
I think we would want to put one in the lounge as (like Spotty) I am allergic to mossies and there is be a small stream right outside our garden fence and running through the complex so we wont be able to keep the doors open in the evening anyway I guesse. Ron, still no email with details, are you having problems getting through to me?  :)Thank heavens you are all so knowledgeable and coming up with all these ideas, I wouldn't know where to start otherwise! :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Cheaper Electric
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2004, 15:54:46 PM »
Just an idea for people who worry about keeping the downstairs doors shut - I have seen mozzie doors made - that are fitted just inside the main doors thus allowing the main doors to be open and the mozzies at bay. This might mean you don't necessarily need to have aircon downstairs.

I have mozzie nets but after hours of chasing haven't managed to catch a single mozzie yet  :)

Scunner

Offline Boops

Cheaper Electric
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2004, 17:53:43 PM »
Funny enough, Scunner, neither have I!!!and believe me I've tried, but then it may be becos I'm only a 4ft 11.5inch wee Paddy!!!! Happy Paddy's Day to you and all. Betx :) :) :)

Offline farmer

Cheaper Electric
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2004, 10:59:40 AM »
Hi Scunner
Whenever we come to Turkey we have no problem catching the mozzies!
We just make sure Pauline sits with her G&T anywhere in sight of water and she catches them all on her ankles. Nobody else within 50 yards seems to get bitten. I am considering hiring her out for parties, BBQ's etc but not until she can get a proper work permit!
Otherwise, my experience in Canada leads me to believe that the mosquito-net doors are the next best thing. A bit awkward though when we're down on the beach.
regards,

farmer

Offline CMC

• Baildon, Yorkshire, UK
Cheaper Electric
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2004, 23:06:24 PM »
We've been bitten each time we've been to Turkey, Aug, Oct, April, June. Not badly and only when we've forgotten to apply mozzie spray but they seem to find us any time of the year.
Christine

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf