Author Topic: transferring money from uk  (Read 4570 times)

Offline Diverbaz 1

transferring money from uk
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 16:12:27 PM »

We Know because we have a HSBC account and asked. Nationwide account is fine for using your debit card, but if you want more than your daily limit you can't draw it. HSBC, go in and draw it over the counter. That is once you have paid the £10 transfer fee to move money from your UK account. Or even write HSBC cheque.

Baz 8)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 16:13:37 PM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline Jules1

transferring money from uk
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 16:55:06 PM »
Another way to do it would be to use a Currency dealer such as Moneycorp, apparently they deal with £9 billion worth of currency transactions per year.  They usually give a better rate than the banks and guarantee fee,s will be no more than £15.00 for each transaction.   They pay any fee,s from the receiving bank (i.e. in Turkey)   They don,t charge for their services and make their money from buying the currency at it,s peak and selling it at a lower rate but still usually better than the banks.

Apparently you open up a "holding account" with HSBC or Barclays from which the funds are then sent.  They can also organise same day transfers to any country of your choice.  Website addy is www.moneycorp.com    Their current rate on Euro,s is .019 points above what my bank were offering and with less fee,s.   So on a transaction of say 100,000 euro,s you would save £868.00 plus the fee,s.  
Today,s rate is about 2.62415 NTL to GBP

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf