Author Topic: The "I Bought in Turkey & I am Happy I Did" Thread  (Read 63012 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
The "I Bought in Turkey & I am Happy I Did" Thread
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 11:48:10 AM »
Deliriously happy !  We bought in 06, through Bulent at Direct Properties in Fethiye.  The transaction was smooth and he couldn't do enough for us.  Husband arrived overnight on the Friday - Saturday morning he was picked up from the hotel (which was paid for by Bulent) and taken to view the properties, he was then taken to view tiles, flooring etc.  Then taken to dinner that evening.  Sunday morning he was treated to typical turkish breakfast at Kaya and then taken back to the propert[^][^][^]y of his choice for final measuring and decisions.  Yup, we decided to definitely go ahead.  So...dinner again and arrangements for an early pickup the next morning - Husbands flight left just after lunch.  Bulent had made arrangements with the bank, with the tax office and the lawyers, so that Mr Pookie went from one meeting to the next and by the time lunchtime came he had everything sorted and was on the way back to the airport.  Bulent was absolutely fantastic, and everything worked with military precision.  From then on the process was smooth, we had to wait a little for the Tapu as there was a back log at that time, but 9 months later it came through.  Bulent oversaw the making of furniture and the major carpentry work we asked for and we really could not have done it with out him.  Since then he has remained a firm friend and nothing, absolutely nothing is too much trouble for him.  We were lucky - we found one of the good guys, purely by luck, but we haven't ever regretted our decision.  We would not want to be anywhere else.  We love Turkey, the culture, the people, the food, the hospitality, the scenery, the climate, the wildlife....etc etc !!! :) :) :) :)[^][^][^]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 11:50:08 AM »
Please keep this thread for the purpose it was intended for, to add comment if you bought and you are happy.

If you have comments about Cef's situation, feel free to post them in the thread about cef's situation.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 12:46:48 PM »
I bought through Erdem at Anatolian Estate Agency in Fethiye in 2004, best thing I ever did. Erdem was superb throughout, sorting out a problem that was not of his making & is considered a good friend. The only problem now is that it gets harder each visit to leave it all behind!

Offline busybee

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 13:26:32 PM »
We bought in 2005 from Mete at Golden Moon.  The best thing we have ever done and have no regrets.  I know that if we have any problems Mete will always do his best to help.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 13:38:15 PM »
We bought with Onur Estate in 2005 and are happy. However, we did buy as an investment and we could have found a better investment opportunity elsewhere, especially given the current re-sale challenges.  We set ourselves a 5 year horizon on the investment so maybe things will change over the next 2 years.

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 13:44:03 PM »
We bought ours in approx July 2005, Cavfan dealt with most of the process and thankfully  everything went smoothly, we got the Tapu and we love our little Apt.

We consider ourselves very lucky to have been in a position to be able to buy ours outright and that we have had no issues. We have both worked very hard to do this so it's a lovely reward to sit on the terrace , feet up, drink in hand and think aah, this was all worth it! We even love our nosey Turkish neighbours !  ;)

A successful story for us :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 13:49:49 PM by Jukebox »

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 14:36:02 PM »
OMG he was in there quick- busy are we? It was 2004 though, just checked the Tapu!
Can only concurr with Jukey- we love it. Not a moments problem, in fact a bit too easy or so it seemed! Bought through Alif at Tulip and he organised some renovation work too. Best thing we have done even though it took us 15 years to buy. Not what you'd call impetuous us !

Offline starman

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 15:08:01 PM »
Bought an apartment in 1997 and land in 1999 although I have still not been able to evict the 2 goats off my land yet.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 15:25:37 PM »
We bought through Hallmark Properties in Fethiye. No real problems with the purchase although being on a cooperative site it took a while to get the tapu. We have that now.

We worried - like most people sending £xxk to someone you hardly know - but tempered that by buying with our bestest friends - so they took half the worry away -lol.

4.5 years on we would not do much different but it really is worth doing your homework on agents/bulders before you take the plunge and lay off the 'Waiter Agents' and 'my friend/brother/cousin/goat has a house for sale very cheap'

Luckily for anyone buying now - they have this forum to give them most of the 'do's and dont's'.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 15:27:18 PM by stoop »

Offline john0164

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 15:27:52 PM »
hi we bought in 2005 have had no problems went really smoothly we used bulent from direct properties fantastic service could not do enough.:D:D:D:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf