Author Topic: 2 years old kid in Calis???  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Cap

« on: April 02, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »
Hello!
We are going to Calis with 2years old kid with terrible allergy. Tell us, please, what is the town like? Are there hills or the roads to the beach are straight and easy for buggies (baby car)? What playgrounds for kids, are there parks, so we can hide in the shade while its hot in the day? Is the town green? Does anybody know if it is possible to find goat's milk there? What is the beach like? Sandy? Crowdy? We wonder, if it is possible to swim in the sea in may? How warm is it?
Thank you!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
2 years old kid in Calis???
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 10:06:51 AM »
So many questions for a first post [:O]

The town is ridiculously flat, which helps with buggies, main roads are surfaced, side roads generally aren't and pushing a buggy can be hard work (yes folks I HAVE done it  :) ) - so where you are staying will be relevant.

Quite a few parks/kids swings/slide areas, not Alton Towers but fine. Beach is shingley, not particularly crowded. The sea is not warm in May but UK holidaymakers don't seem to care  :)

Not sure on goats milk, I'm sure you can (there are enough goats here) but where to get it from I don't know, someone else can answer that one.

Please take a few minutes to say hello in 'Member Introductions' and have a good holiday. We brought our kids on holiday to Calis when they were two, and it was a great place to be with little 'uns.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 15:05:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Cap

Hello!
We are going to Calis with 2years old kid with terrible allergy.

I`m sorry, but shouldn`t you have found out if Calis was suitable for your child before you booked your holiday ?

Crabbit (being serious for a change)

Offline kismetbar

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 15:57:11 PM »
Will echo Scunner and old Crab on this one! So many questions!
You can get goats milk here. We have an old lady that comes to the house selling it. Don't think the walk to Calis will entice her at her age though.
Before anyone has a pop at crabbit, i think he's absolutely right. Calis is ideal for young and old alike but surely look at where you're going before booking?
Saying that Cap, hope you have a lovely holiday. You will enjoy it. Calis is a great place although I am a Fethiye bod. You will get a great warm welcome there.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 16:21:42 PM »
If you go into the sea be careful as it slopes sharply and you need to keep an eye on younger kids (or drunk grandparents)

Offline MagicalGarden

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 18:34:08 PM »
Hi Cap.
As Scunner has said there are a few parks around Calis.
I run a childrens day nursery half way between Calis and Fethiye. If your little one gets bored and fancy's a few play mates we are happy to have holiday children for a day, half day, one hour what ever anyone wants.
My business email is magicalnursery@yahoo.co.uk if you wish to get in touch.
I also have a 3 year old boy and 4 month old little girl so any questions you have feel free to email me.
Have a happy holiday Elaine

:DHope this is ok Kieth but PM's don't seem to be working

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 18:53:25 PM »
Is ok, I'm fixing PM's at the mo

Offline Cap

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 14:01:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Is ok, I'm fixing PM's at the mo

Thanks a lot, people! Very helpful comments and great pictures!
We want to stay in calis or in kushadasi for a long period - 2 months, so trying to find best place. One more advice we need: we have to choose between Palm Villa, Calis Beach (Foga Mah 1042 Sokak) and Lissa Link 13, Mustafa Kemal Pasa St. 965 St, 48300. Which is better? Where is the beach cleaner and the roads better for buggies? and how far is it from life (supermarkets, restaurants etc.)

Offline sannyrut

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 13:40:51 PM »
The promenade and surrounding areas in Calis are reasonably flat.I too have asthma and I can manage around.Brilliant resort.No problem.If you go into Fethiye City,then are are small inclines.There is a park for children almost at the end of the prom in Calis(keeping the sea on your right).Have a great holiday,and I'm certain you can buy goat's milk there. :)

Offline busybee

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 16:40:11 PM »
Does anyone know what milk they sell at the markets(usually in cola bottles)??  Could this be goats milk??

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf