Author Topic: Turkish Estate Agents  (Read 4447 times)

Offline Franny

Turkish Estate Agents
« on: June 18, 2004, 12:45:23 PM »

Has anyone purchased a property through Turkish Estate Agency based in Fethiye???
I have put down a £1000 deposit and have to pay the rest £30,000 up front before I see or sign any deeds.....is this normal?
I have fallen in love with this property and really really want it but I am just scared of parting with the money in this way.
Any advice would be most welcome as I have just returned from Fethiye this morning and only have 7-10 to pay.
Hoping to hear from some one very soon
Many thanks
Sue

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Turkish Estate Agents
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 12:51:08 PM »
Hi Franny we met in Saglik, were did you buy or should i say were are you thinking of buying, we paid £200 deposit and signed a contract to pay the rest on completion

Ron

Offline Franny

Turkish Estate Agents
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 12:53:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by legless

Hi Franny we met in Saglik, were did you buy or should i say were are you thinking of buying, we paid £200 deposit and signed a contract to pay the rest on completion

Ron

Hello Ron! wow that was a quick response. we have paid a deposit on Telmessos...... but some one said that too has problems with flooding...have you heard of turkish estate agents?
sue

Offline robin mc

• Workington, UK
Turkish Estate Agents
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 15:47:56 PM »
Hi Sue. I used Turkish Estate Agency last year to purchase a villa in Calis and had no problems.  They have been very good.  You should have signed and received a contract document from them when you paid your deposit which in plain simple language states when the balance is due.  Normally, at the latest this is when the Tapu is available from the previous owner and/or when your clearance comes through from the military.  As this is currently taking approx' 3 months it could be that the owner can't wait that long for the money.  I chose to settle in full a whole 2 months before I received the deeds (Tapu).  
If you are uncomfortable with the arrangements speak to Cem (pronounced Jem).  He owns the agency and is very good at sorting problems.
Robin

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Turkish Estate Agents
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 16:14:23 PM »
Franny Scunner is your man for info on Telemessos

Give him a mail

Ron

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Estate Agents
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 16:20:19 PM »
Telmessos does not have any problems with flooding that I have ever seen. Unless you are walking through when the sprinklers go off in which case you do look like you have been pulled from a flood.

Having said that, with the ice caps melting the sea could rise a few feet over the next 4,000 years and people who have taken rental bookings for the year 6004 may need to supply a welcome pack of waders and snorkels.

If I do see it flood I will post to say so, assuming I wasn't there at the time.

Scunner

Offline jo smith

• Intrigue woman
Turkish Estate Agents
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 13:37:45 PM »
Hi
I dont post very often but still keep up to date with what is written as I have recently purchased a  place in Calis.
I will probably get this wiped off so I hope you all read it before it goes missing.
first I want to ask Robin Mc ......do you work for Turkish Estate agency? I aks because I have had problems in the past with them (big ones) and so have a few people I have since contacted.
The  practice of asking for all money up front is a ploy to keep your money and invest it for a month or so until the owner needs it and make them interest. I was asked for all money within a month and I have since spoke to the builder who didnt recive his money for 5 months........how much interest did the agent make there then ?
i know some turkish owners dont like waiting for their money but the agent is working on your behalf and if they really are only working in your interests then they will negotiate with the owner for you and put your mind at rest. .
You dont pay your balance until the deeds are in your name usually .go to a good solicitor or go on to the Tapu site and it will explain the process for you ..If you want more info I will e mail all details and e  mail addresses of friends who have had similar problems..like finding out their house was 5K cheaper with other agents..There are some damn good agents in fethiye but beware the `get rich quick` brigade and dont part with anymore money unless you are 100% sure of your agent .

Offline jo smith

• Intrigue woman
Turkish Estate Agents
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 13:43:20 PM »
Hi
I dont post very often but still keep up to date with what is written as I have recently purchased a  place in Calis.
I will probably get this wiped off so I hope you all read it before it goes missing.
first I want to ask Robin Mc ......do you work for Turkish Estate agency? I aks because I have had problems in the past with them (big ones) and so have a few people I have since contacted.
The  practice of asking for all money up front is a ploy to keep your money and invest it for a month or so until the owner needs it and make them interest. I was asked for all money within a month and I have since spoke to the builder who didnt recive his money for 5 months........how much interest did the agent make there then ?
i know some turkish owners dont like waiting for their money but the agent is working on your behalf and if they really are only working in your interests then they will negotiate with the owner for you and put your mind at rest. .
You dont pay your balance until the deeds are in your name usually but there are a few exceptions as i said.  Do go to a good solicitor or go on to the Tapu site and it will explain the process for you ..If you want more info I will e mail all details and e  mail addresses of friends who have had similar problems..like finding out their house was 5K cheaper with other agents..There are some damn good agents in fethiye but beware the `get rich quick` brigade and dont part with anymore money unless you are 100% sure of your agent .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf