Author Topic: 6 months uk 6 months Turkey  (Read 3342 times)

Offline bev

• Ilkeston, UK
6 months uk 6 months Turkey
« on: April 21, 2008, 00:14:13 AM »

we plan to spend 6 months UK 6 months Turkey, problem is we need a phone line so I can log on to the internet, to get a phone line I need to have a residence permit. (I know I can ask a local turkish friend but feel cheeky asking)
 If we applied for a residence permit for a year to enable us to get a phone line would this cause problems when we came back to UK to work for 6 months.
If we drove over could we bring a car over once a year for 6 months?
(we would make a holiday out of our drive over)
Thanks

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 06:32:55 AM »
Yes you need your visa to get a get a phone line but there is no guarantee it will be installed without delay, depends on the exchange situation at the time. I assume you have property here to install the phone line so providing the rental gets paid there would not be a problem if you did not use the phone for six months. Your other alternative would be a wireless laptop.
With regards to the car NO you cant do that ....it is a once only six month entry and changing to a private number plate won't work as they log the chassis/engine details in your passport. You would have to change your car every time you went back to the UK. :)

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 07:08:15 AM »
I do not think that a 'Visa' is sufficient to get a phone line; a residence permit is required!.
Pete

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 09:25:37 AM »
Familiarity slip.... Residents Visa/Permit or to be precise Yabancilara Mahsus Ikamet Tezkeresi.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 09:43:08 AM »
You can bring the car in for 2 x 6 month periods can't you ? Provided of course, that you take it out for 6 months in between.

Offline bev

• Ilkeston, UK
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 09:43:27 AM »
Hi,
Hi thanks for that, I know I can use a laptop, but want to use it in the apartment.
Dont think I will be changing a car every year!
Norma

Offline baklavalover

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 14:51:21 PM »
remember that you would need to set up a direct debit to pay for the line rental for the time you are not here.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 16:51:08 PM »
on the car front I was under the impession that you could bring the car in for six months then yopu had to take the car out for a minium of six months after which you could bring it back for another six months etc, etc.

Offline wallace

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 16:59:08 PM »
As I understand it you can only bring the same car in twice
for a 6 month period with a 6 month break in between

We have a phone line and internet connection but it is in
a turkish friends name
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 17:01:12 PM by wallace »

Offline starman

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 22:07:10 PM »
correct. The car can come in for 6 months (180 days in a calendar year) and then must stay out for 6 months before coming in again. But that only works if you are on a tourist visa, doesnt work if you have a residence.
If you have had a residence for say 3 months, then you bring the car in then the car can only stay for 3 months and then must be out untill you are back on a tourist visa again.
Best way is for the non owner of the car to get a residence and the owner of the car come in on a tourist visa, but then after 3 months you would need to do a border jump and you cant jump the border with a car on your passport unless you drive it across.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf