Author Topic: 6 months uk 6 months Turkey  (Read 3343 times)

Offline Jules1

6 months uk 6 months Turkey
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 22:18:28 PM »
Hi Bev
Why don't you look into getting an internet "dongle" package with your mobile phone company over here or see if they do a similar thing in Turkey.  You pay the provider a monthly fee and plug the "dongle" into your laptop which gives you an instant phone connection.

I know you can get a contract here in UK with 3 which is £10 a month (and other providers have similar packages) allowing you to use internet on your laptop when on the move.  I imagine though that using it in Turkey would cost you more.   The alternative is to see if they do a similar monthly "dongle" package in Turkey or find out what the "roaming" rates are to use a UK "dongle" abroad.
Hope this makes sense!
Julie  :)

Offline Suzanne

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 15:30:37 PM »
So does the dongle cost £10 a month plus the amount of time spent online or just the £10??

Offline martins

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 22:57:35 PM »
Thanks what i would like to know to. I think if you use in uk providing you don't excede your download limit thats what you pay, but I would imagine if you use in Turkey the charge from say vidophone via teleturk would make it not viable .I am sure there's someone on here with the answer

Offline farry

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 09:19:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by martins

think if you use in uk providing you don't excede your download limit thats what you pay, but I would imagine if you use in Turkey the charge from say vidophone via teleturk would make it not viable .I am sure there's someone on here with the answer

Took our laptop out with vodaphone UK last trip.  We had been quoted £5 for 1mb roaming usage in Turkey.  The fact was it was too slow to be of any use, and we reverted back to using it in the bars.  The bill when it came in showed it as £7.50 per 24 hour period, not as we had been quoted.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 14:22:35 PM »
If you have a car which as I understand can stay for six months on tourist visa you are able to leave the country by taking and paying day rate at dalaman customs car compound.is this true and has anyone experienced this. As this would allow the tourist visa to be renewed by either flying out or by catching boat.

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 18:27:55 PM »
The car can only be kept in the country for 6 months then it has to be taken out of the country for 6 months.

WW

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 21:37:37 PM »
yes WW I understand that however the tourist visa only last 3 months, therefore one needs to find away around getting passport stamped without having to take car out.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf