Author Topic: New phone numbers  (Read 2255 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
New phone numbers
« on: August 07, 2008, 10:43:44 AM »
Here in Fethiye we are in the process of having all the landline numbers changed. We had a letter to this effect a month ago. We have found out today on the grapevine that everyone also has to have their adsl line updated. Our neighbour found this out after he had his number changed and his computer went off. When the four lights appear again on the modem you have to have the pin number changed to access it again. He has had a man from Caspers come to do it for him. Most people we have spoken to have not been made aware of this. Including us. The letter says that if we want to keep our old number then the fee will be 98TL A MONTH. Every month.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
New phone numbers
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 14:15:26 PM »
Not heard a thing about this Anne.......not had any letter either not that that is any consolation they loose so many.! To change everyone in Fethiyes phone and adsl seems a bit unlikely I would have thought. :)  What did your letter say apart from the 98YTL a month bit[?]

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
New phone numbers
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 15:54:46 PM »
They have been up our road for the last 3 days. It seems that they are changing everyone in Tasyaka first. I went to the Telecom office to check out my letter. Some have had one, some have not. Across the road have had their number changed. No letter. Turkish family down the road got a letter and had their number changed this week. They are definitley on their way around here. There was no mention in  the letter about the phone concerning the problem with the ADSL line. The letter said in Turkish, which we had translated. "that we would be having our number changed but we didn't have to do anything about it" this was supposed to take place 3 weeks ago. They didn't turn up so I went to the office to find out what was going on.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
New phone numbers
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 19:00:15 PM »
Thanks for that info Anne.....could it be that you were told some time back you did not live in Tasyaka any more.:D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
New phone numbers
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 20:29:21 PM »
Who knows? We don't live on sokak 340 any more either!!!

Offline Nicnic

New phone numbers
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 10:56:09 AM »
Yes our number got changed a while ago, and ever since had loads of problems with the line, i can call out but cant receive calls keep getting in touch with them but they dont seem to resolve the problem still waiting the line been like this for nearly 2 months

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
New phone numbers
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 15:33:04 PM »
I only got my line in April, so will i have mine changed, i have't even used it yet, or the internet, i had them installed just before i had to fly to England. Alan

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
New phone numbers
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 05:57:36 AM »
Friends of ours who live on the opposite side of the main road near Mercury have just had their land line number changed.....but have completely lost ADSL!! God help us if they are planning to do the whole of Fethiye:(

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
New phone numbers
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 19:10:23 PM »
We also lost ADSL and had to pay a lad from Caspers 20TL to sort it out. It involves going to the Telecom office and being issued with a new pin number and new ADSL number. If we were in England I could have done it myself but as the pages that come up are all in Turkish. No chance. Anyway 2 trips to the Telecom office and we now have new telefon number and are online. By the way it seems that some people have been "digital" for some time. It involves putting the cables underground and then removing the old telephone poles. I assume that if this has been done in your area, then u have nothing to worry about.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 19:12:27 PM by mercury »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
New phone numbers
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 10:57:22 AM »
I would advise anyone who had their phone number changed to check their bank statements. We have been informed by most of our neighbours that their ADSL and Turk telecom payments have not been taken off since they received ther new number. Just checked ours and we haven't been charged since August. Usually the cut off is 3 months but everyone is being given 4 months to sort things out. U will need to go to your bank with the original letter and they will re-instate your direct debit.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf