Author Topic: 20 Lira Haircut and shave!  (Read 7103 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
20 Lira Haircut and shave!
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 20:06:30 PM »
And a 1000 lira fine because your neighbour didn't have a haircut Al

Offline kanga

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 22:08:50 PM »
what r u  trying to  say
rofl

Offline kanga

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 22:40:05 PM »
its not who cuts  the hair or who does the shave
its who you know ,its if your known,its if the peeps you know are important
from 5 ytl to 20 ytl its who you know
its the same here  in the uk except no shave
i go to my barber who is from  ther ukraine
and the best of the best i get for £5
kanga

Offline mibur

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 10:40:30 AM »
When we are in Calis, my good lady and I take a trip up to Hisaronu, we browse around for a while and Sue (my partner) has her "holiday treat" which consists of hair wash, cut and blow dry, eyebrows shaped and a pedicure. She loves all the pampering!! lol. Anyway the total charge for all this is approx 34 lira (money well spent in my opinion) She is in the salon a good hour and half so gives me chance to sample a few efes in the bar across the road while I am waiting.
Sue has used the same salon for years now because she likes the way they cut her hair. She has tried other salons but was not impressed with the cut or the price!! (can't remember which ones now tho)
The salon is owned and run by two sisters and they have a number of employees working for them now having expanded the business over the last couple of years, they have the unit next to them now as well.
If anyone goes up to Hisaronu and fancies a bit of pampering the salon (Rosies) can be found by the mosque up the little hill to the side.
They also cater for men as well by the way.
Obviously it is not worth making the trip from Calis just to have a haircut, taking in to account of the Dolmus fare but it does make a nice change for a few hours out and about and having a bite to eat in the abundant choice of eateries there!

Offline FrankStanley

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 11:28:28 AM »
hello Tinks, I often use this barber, and would be interested to know how you get on
cheers
FS

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 15:48:00 PM »
He told me it was 20ytl for a haircut and shave and told him what he was.

Offline FrankStanley

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 08:51:30 AM »
good for you tink, will also tell him next month.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 10:33:12 AM »
How much did you pay for haircut and shave in there Tinx?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 12:28:29 PM »
I didn't

Offline Lucinda

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 06:51:35 AM »
What goes around comes around, as the saying goes.

When I broached this subject replies were less than sympathetic, Tinkerman and Scunner not being the exceptions

http://{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}27048&whichpage=1

quote:
Originally posted by Lucinda

So 2300 page views and over 30 replies but virtually no-one in support of my position!  Seems that there is a sense that the alpha male raises his head and bays and the rest of the pack respond in kind,  or is it sheep, starting with dycedon 3 minutes later who goes from paying 5tl for 'the works'  to 5 to 7 lira is probably about right.

Interested to see if I was being hysterical I have been conducting a straw poll on prices for a shave. Karaculha Saturday market 2.5 lira and 3 lira. Ovacik and Hisaronu 4 lira, 5 lira and £2 at Simsek (well it is Ovacik). Gunlukbasi 4 lira and 5 lira. Fethiye 4 lira and several at 5 lira including the one near Eren Spot who has electric vibro-massage chairs (steady!!) and the very upmarket Maxi-men. No sign of the 10 lira shave Amanda!  And of course the survey wouldn't be complete without comparing prices in Calis. Denlis barber 50 yards from the roundabout charges 4 lira for a shave.

I also feel I need to respond to a couple of posts. Wallaces assertion that
quote:
Originally posted by wallace

what an easy
life you must lead to harp on about 2 lira!

clearly shows a disregard for what living on a pension entails. It's not such an easy life and 2 lira is not such a trivial amount. I hope you don't find the need to count the pennies when your time comes. Brianthegardener thinks 7tl is about right for Calis if we're daft enough to pay it. I realize we should have asked the price first (thanks for the 'simple' advice Scunner) but it is something that my hubby does every week and didn't think about it. We paid up because we hadn't asked and certainly shan't be going back. With a tip for good service 6 or 7 lira is fair.

So to sum up. 7 lira for a shave. No flaming cotton bud, no ear and nose trim, no neck shave, no cream after shaving and no massage (all are normally included) I am even more firmly of the opinion that we were ripped off and we now know where to go in Calis for a shave.

Lucinda

Forgive me Tinkerman if I fail to find any sympathy with your position.

Lucinda

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf