Author Topic: Is there a beach in Fethiye  (Read 2126 times)

Offline ginlizzy

Is there a beach in Fethiye
« on: June 12, 2009, 01:39:22 AM »
Well we went to fethiye 4 years agao and we didnt know there was a beach as we always turned right out of the hotel into town but my friend tells me there is a beach if you walk left facing the sea.
We are staying at the Mediteran and not sure where it is, We have stayed at the yacht hotel before. can anyone say where it is situated from the yacht hotel,
thanks

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 02:00:17 AM »
There is now a small beach quite near the Mediteran; turn right from the hotel & it's around 1/2 mile away. You can also get the dolmus as the beach is the new terminus for the dolmus.

The Mediteran is where the boatyard is, from the Yacht, you'd turn right & it's about 2 miles.

Offline ginlizzy

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 08:03:40 AM »
Thanks Liz101 very helpfull

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 09:15:51 AM »
There are lots of little bays etc in the same area... if you have a car then it's alot easier although some dolmus's used to carry on up to the Letoonia.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 13:13:15 PM »
The one near the Mediteran is Aksazlar Beach. Lovely quiet spot, massive picnic area and great views of Fethiye. There is a beach bar/restaurant but not very exciting food....ok for a snack and a beer.
The water is safe and fairly shallow. The beach is very stoney so I would recommend beach shoes. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf