Author Topic: "Proper" Coffee in Calis  (Read 9636 times)

Offline Bluwise

"Proper" Coffee in Calis
« on: September 08, 2009, 20:48:09 PM »
How is the little coffee shop doing near Marias & Irish bar?  I think they had just opened when we were there early July - lovely fresh coffee/cappucinos etc.  That's something I really missed in Calis - some bars were advertising Nescafe like it was something special!  I don't mind it but really love "proper" coffee.  Is there anywhere else besides this little coffee shop that use ground coffee and steam/froth the milk?  It was as good, if not better than Starbucks and Costa coffee for sure.

Offline june

"Proper" Coffee in Calis
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 22:25:28 PM »
Best coffee ever was at Cafe Olay in the Fethiye but it closed down...that and the puds were amazing...not sure where is good for a proper coffee any more?

Offline Pi55y

"Proper" Coffee in Calis
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 22:31:37 PM »
The Orient in Calis does really good strong Italian coffee (not frothed) but served with hot milk if you ask George

Offline jonuzumlu

"Proper" Coffee in Calis
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 06:47:59 AM »
Cafe Oley has re-opened as Blue Cafe. Same coffee and same cakes!

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
"Proper" Coffee in Calis
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 07:38:01 AM »
Blue Cafe is great..as already said same as when was Cafe Oley except you can get all your jewellery repairs /designs done at the same time too as Selcuk from Infinity now owns it! Such a nice guy..

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
"Proper" Coffee in Calis
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 09:40:57 AM »
We always think the coffee at Kale Park is really good, the best we have tasted in the area up to now.
Jacqui.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
"Proper" Coffee in Calis
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 19:14:16 PM »
i was in the pool yesterday and the turkish family who live there came out with some turkish coffee for my friend and i .how kind of them
has someone who only likes milky coffee i was surprised how sweet it was then i took one last sip and drank the coffee i the bottom yuk yuk
i had to pretend i had a cough

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
"Proper" Coffee in Calis
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 07:59:25 AM »
Ah a subject close to my heart- I'm a bit anal over coffee! Was told though didnt try the Orient coffee is Illey and very good. Blue bar in Fethiye excellent as was the little coffee shop on the corner of Megri square- individual cafetieres. Happened to call in Pies and Pastrys in Calis next to Scarletts and had a fab coffee there too- typically on our last day!

Offline june

"Proper" Coffee in Calis
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 12:54:30 PM »
Thanks for that, will definately try Blue Cafe, I really did miss Cafe Oley when it closed....also I may try the 'pies and pastries' its trying to avoid the P & P that may be a problem!!!...already got Kale Park ear marked to go.... :)

Offline Bluwise

"Proper" Coffee in Calis
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 21:14:14 PM »
Does anyone know what that new coffee shop is called please? (opposite Irish bar/Marias) -

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf