Author Topic: Flowers and paint.  (Read 1978 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Flowers and paint.
« on: September 26, 2009, 18:41:50 PM »
I don't think that anyone has mentioned the efforts that the local councils go to with the flower beds around Fethiye and Calis. There has also been a painting spree of the pavement edges, roundabouts etc. We get a lot for our 98TL council tax here. It has all looked really special this year. I would like to thank the Beledye and all their workers for their hard work.

Offline janmack

Flowers and paint.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 23:17:29 PM »
This is true Anne, we do take things for granted.  A helluva lot of work goes on without us even appreciating it.  The Fethiye/Calis area looks pretty good!

Offline Pi55y

Flowers and paint.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 05:13:24 AM »
The flower beds in Calis and Fethiye have been brilliant this year and are a credit to the Belediye and to the hard working labourers  who have constantly battled against the weeds in temperatures of 40 degrees +  Thank you   :)

Offline Old Daffodil

Flowers and paint.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 11:18:16 AM »
I have seen tourists taking pictures of the lovely flower beds in the area. As you come into Calis from Dalaman it looks beautiful. The one near the Tuesday market looked good too.

Offline raynin62

Flowers and paint.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 20:26:46 PM »
What aboutown the lighting?  Up here in Ovacik, we can't walk down to the village without a torch! The roads are a stumbling block! But this  Turkey and we still love it!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Flowers and paint.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 21:42:52 PM »
This topic is about Fethiye but we didn't have lights here when we came either. Wait your turn. You may even get flower beds!!

Offline brianthegardener

Flowers and paint.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 04:33:06 AM »
and back on topic again.....yes i agree the flower beds in Fethiye are spledid...a lot of work and thought has gone into brightening up the place....well done to all involved.:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf