Author Topic: dreambox.  (Read 11971 times)

Offline geordieboy

dreambox.
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 10:17:54 AM »
Perhaps this may clarify the situation.
If you have a sky box in Turkey,have the necessary size dish,pay a Sky subscription,you will receive the package.If you pull the viewing card out you will still receive the free channels,BBC1,ITV1/2/3,and all other free tv stations and radio stations.

A Freesat box,bought in the UK,will give you all the channels as above without any subscription.
I dumped Sky months ago for the simple reason we have gone HD,have bought a HD ready tv,HD DVD recorder,had a Freesat HD brought over from the UK,and rather than pay Sky £10 a month extra for the HD facility told them to poke it.

The dream box performs in exactly the same way as the Freesat box and the Sky box minus the viewing card.If I turn the modem off,thus breaking the connection I still receive the free channels.

I've read the countless posts re UK television in Turkey,and can understand the frustration in trying to obtain it,all the different packages,systems etc.Obviously it all comes down to the size of the dish,in this case bigger is better.
We have a 3metre dish,which at the time,8yrs ago,and after hours spent looking at info on the net was the size required to receive the signal for Sky.
What minimum size dish you need for the dreambox to work for the Sky package or any other package I have no idea,like I said on here months ago,if you live on a complex,have like minded neighbours,chip in for the dish,spread the cost. :)
The dish cost,with installation,£1,000,came from Istanbul,and if you buy one,specify it comes with a 0.3 LNB,preferably multi outlet,as they are prone to blowing in violent storms.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 10:30:16 AM by geordieboy »

Offline pamsandra

dreambox.
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 17:33:55 PM »
Thanks Geordieboy, the information has helped clear some grey areas. The dish we have however is only the small one supplied by digiturk.

Offline finofino

dreambox.
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 15:25:57 PM »
i just added a 6th server to my Dreambox, absolutely brilliant i got every channel just about now 1000s in English too!!! Best system, if anybody wants one let me know as i have the guys phone number and e-mail

Offline Firo

dreambox.
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 15:56:51 PM »
Do you get BBC, ITV etc and what size is your dish?

Offline pamsandra

dreambox.
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 16:43:43 PM »
Who do I need to talk to or email about this Dreambox facility. Finofino where did you get yours and what cost are we looking at?  thanks.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
dreambox.
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 07:36:33 AM »
Talk to Gary, Echostar

Offline geordieboy

dreambox.
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 09:54:59 AM »
Gary's back from the UK now,he's just been round,he's your man.

Offline pamsandra

dreambox.
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 11:37:56 AM »
Thanks for that.  Will do.

Offline ukchris

dreambox.
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 18:45:57 PM »
i use one of these in the uk with a motorised dish so i can get the 3pm football not shown by sly.

mine is called eagle box - sold on ebay or on alsat.co.uk around £90

basically when you switch on the box, if you have no service the screen will be blank. the box sends a request via the internet up to your card provider (i pay 50 euros for 3 months) and they send it back down and the screen unscrambles, basically fooling it to think you have a card.

The only thing i will say about card sharing is that it isn't perfect. you may sometimes get a freeze now and again, depends on how good your provider is. i have used a few different ones until I found one that was ok. Sly uk works on videogaurd (nds) encryption which requires very frequent card authorisations. nova sports greece uses irdeto encryption which require less regular updates, so sometimes I watch footy on this as sly or espn freeze a bit due to needing more frequent updates.

also it is highly illegal ;o) and a lot of satellite forums have banned talking about it openly for fear of being shut down by sly.

Offline geordieboy

dreambox.
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 12:02:13 PM »
Who the bloody hells Sly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf