Author Topic: Mushroom Festival  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Paul Brock

Mushroom Festival
« on: February 14, 2010, 16:23:06 PM »
This years Mushroom Festival will be on 2-4th April. Programme details can be found at www.kuzugobegifest.com/en/festival-programme

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Mushroom Festival
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 20:33:50 PM »
Hoorahhhh......we will be there !  fantastic, thats made my day !

Offline suwater

Mushroom Festival
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 21:58:00 PM »
i have just gone into the programe and 10th 11th and 12th april are on the programe which are the correct dates ?

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Mushroom Festival
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 08:40:09 AM »
I was hoping that it was last years programme, because the front of the website does say 2 - 4th April.....

Offline Paul Brock

Mushroom Festival
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 10:28:15 AM »
Dates definitely 2-3-4 April.
The organizers are still finalizing the program but I understand that this year there will be mushroom experts coming from some of the UK Universities also events will be increased to include tours of Cadianda and maybe some other places of interest. One of the organizers was telling me yesterday that they are trying to arrange for one to a firetower from which on a good day you can see Rhodes. Before anyone asks I do not know where this is yet.

Offline peecee

Mushroom Festival
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 15:49:23 PM »
Paul, do you know if they will be showing/talking about other types of mushrooms in the area/  Or is it just the morel?

Offline Paul Brock

Mushroom Festival
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 18:31:41 PM »
The main topic will be the Morel but they will also be discussing other local mushrooms.
The experts this year will make it more multinational as one from Ireland and one from Denmark so the interest in this festival is growing.

Offline Paul Brock

Mushroom Festival
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 00:24:43 AM »
At long last this years Festival Programme has been put on the website ( http://www.kuzugobegifest.com/festival_programi_uzumlu_kuzugobegi_eng.html )although I understand that this will still be subject to further updates as more details are finalised.

Offline Paul Brock

Mushroom Festival
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 09:51:41 AM »
I can now confirm to an earlier question that ALL local mushrooms will be discussed at the Festival - not just the Morel.

The background to the first festival was that a visiting professor from Ankara University found that not only did our area have a very rich and diverse range of mushrooms in the surrounding forests but that some of those being sold in the local market were toxic (long term use dangerous). It was decided that for the benefit of all that the local people be educated in not only what was available but which were edible. The walks this year will be accompanied by English speaking experts so should prove of interest but if you want to go on these I would suggest you book early as there is limited capacity. Cost will be TL15 which includes a free Festival T-shirt. Details can be found at http://www.kuzugobegifest.com/mantar_avciligi_eng.html

Money raised by the committee will be used to develop tourism for the area and so generate more income for the local people. One project mentioned was the improvement of the road to Cadianda. Also they intend running courses on wine production to increase the quality of the local wine - I am sure some members of this forum might find this of interest.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:06:27 AM by Paul Brock »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf