Author Topic: Residency Yok  (Read 8482 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Residency Yok
« on: May 06, 2010, 20:13:32 PM »
Well after the trials of reading my research to buy a little bike for Gill and I - I thought I owed it to you and to a couple who have e-mailed me to ask how I went on - to share some of my news as I approach the end of our first week!!

I was going to tell you about the toaster I took back to Migros - oh go on I will - it is interesting - 14 days out of warranty - I stressed that we had only used it 12 times but to no avail. They told me the 2 year guarantee meant one year Migros - year 2 service agent - nearest one in Antalya.
At this point I decided to act stupid and repeatedly asked if it was ok for me to go there in a taxi to get it repaired and would they pay the bill - I did this with a very polite consistent smile and eventually they said - "go and get a new one" - result - and quite right too - we had only used it 12 times!!

So I bought the bike from the Kannuni shop on the back road - they now sell Motoran bikes as well - they say manufactured but I think finished off in Izmir - but at least some Turkish labour involved.

The salesman was not in the slightest bit bothered that I did not have a residency number - as long as I had:

Passport Number
Tax Number
My Name
My Place of Birth
My Address
Owned or Rented
My fathers christian name
My Money  :)

I signed his form on Saturday afternoon - he said I would get a call from his "traffic police" arrange man on Monday or Tuesday - it duly came on Tuesday and I had to make my way to the police station in Patlangic with my passport and sign a form - 3 times.

The bike was pdi/checked on Wednesday as the license plates were also afixed - collected at 10am this morning.

My documents clearly say Box Y4 - ID No: / Vergi No: - one or the other - So I know we are fortunate in Fethiye that they appear to be happy to take one or the other - which is not the case everywhere.

I went for this larger whell step thru - as I was told bigger wheels are safer - there is no tax (so no going back to officialdom) and it was cheaper  :)

I went to Calis to get the hang of it and then Gill and I went off to Ciftlik Market to get some Fresh fruit & vegetables.

It has some foot plates and a little bit of chrome (mod club!!)

My Plaka

They laughed at me putting my lock on in Ciftlik - but I told them where I come from you have to lock everything!!!

Hope that helps some of you!!! :D :D

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 20:56:24 PM by Ian »

Offline cheers

Residency Yok
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 20:34:20 PM »
Nice bike Ian!!

Where are the flags on the back?

:D:D

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Residency Yok
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 20:55:36 PM »
It doesn't matter what I do - Tinx & Baz won't let me in their club though with a moped!! [:(!]

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Residency Yok
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 21:36:52 PM »
What do you think Baz :-\:D

Offline janemicky

Residency Yok
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 21:39:47 PM »
Hi Ian.
Realy pleased that you got your wheels sorted.
Printed everything off to show Mick, as he is wanting to buy a scooter but like you we do not have residency as we only get over a few times a year with working.
He wondered ehat cc your bike is?
He also thought that you looked as though you were sitting on a different bike to the other photos.
I am not very up on bikes did the back carrier box come as an extra
on top of price of bike as I expect the helmets cost extra.
Do you know if the Kannuni shop has a website?

Thankyou.
Regards.
Jane

Offline Diverbaz 1

Residency Yok
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 06:44:25 AM »
If he gets a long parka maybe it will hide the fact it is a moped and we can let him join:D

I think he might struggle to keep up with us going uphill as well ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:46:12 AM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Residency Yok
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 08:57:53 AM »
Tinx / Baz - if I wear a parka and Gill puts on a floral dress and put beads in her hair can we cruise down the prom with you - I understand that Uzumlu is out of my reach!!!

Jane - cost 1900 ytl for everything inc: Box / Basket (no the wire one!!) / 3rd Party Insurance / PDI / One Helmet (2nd one cost 25 YTL) / and Registration.

It is 97 cc which means no road tax (which is cheap but still no need to go to officals again).

It is a Motoran Torro - most say the Mondial is the best as there is a better service/spares infrastructure but I didn't like the Mondial salesman - and I got lots of chrome on this model and they have 5 service agents in and around Fethiye so that is enough for me  :)

I also liked the fact that the factory is in Izmir and they have some Turkish labour in them as opposed to mostly Chinese - but might be famous last words???

See: http://www.motoran.com.tr/ and click Catalogue.

Also Mick could look at:

http://www.mondialmotor.com.tr/
http://www.ramzey.com.tr/rmz2010/index.html
http://kanuni.com.tr/

Hope that helps?

Ian  :)

Ps I forgot to say - I wanted a red scooter but Gill preferred this -so I said - ok - lets have it in red - so we got silver - does that mean I am not as in charge as I thought I was???
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:00:47 AM by Ian »

Offline janewright

Residency Yok
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 23:01:34 PM »
Hi Ian.
Thankyou very much for all the information we really appriciate it.
It will be me getting all info up for Mick as he does not go near the
computer. Once again many thanks. Enjoy the freedom of the open road.

Kind Regards.
Jane.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Residency Yok
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 23:31:17 PM »
Why is Uzumlu out of your reach???

Offline cheers

Residency Yok
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 00:06:37 AM »
He has no 'Head for Heights' and can't take his hands off the handlebars!!
:D:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf