Author Topic: Kipa - Food Hygiene Alert  (Read 7315 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Kipa - Food Hygiene Alert
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 10:02:44 AM »
Dave had 'Gut Rot' after he ate mezzes from Kipa, the day it opened.  He was VERY ill.

quote:
Originally posted by lance

Shopping in there whites happens all over just watch some of the cooking programmes on t.v.and why is it o k. for all the celebrity chefs not to wear hats ,thats a good advert for young chefs .[^]

Lance you mention Chefs on TV, which reminds me of something that really winds me up.  -They really annoy me because they will handle meat and then either flush their hands under a tap (hey presto -clean [xx(]) or they will simply wipe hands on tea towel (now the tea towel is contaminated AND the hands are still not clean[xx(][xx(][xx(]).  Why can't they point out that they should have used soap and hot water if they don't have the time to do it on TV? :-\
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:09:47 AM by Rindaloo »

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 10:56:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by lance

quote:
Originally posted by simpsons

Shopping in there whites happens all over just watch some of the cooking programmes on t.v.and why is it o k. for all the celebrity chefs not to wear hats ,thats a good advert for young chefs .[^]

I hate to say it but wearing hats is only required during training these days and rarely required in the work place![:(!]

Offline kismetbar

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 11:25:24 AM »
I used to be International Training and Compliance Manager for a pizza chain and I was horrified at some of the practices I saw. We were very strict on food hygiene control but sadly, as most of the stores were franchised, it was very difficult to police. Ironically, the worst practices were fouind in the States with our UK outlets far superior when it came to quality control. Saying that, I caught one franchisee picking his nose and then top a pizza for a customer. So if you live in or around Eastbourne, do not order a pizza!!!
I would be alarmed if I saw somebody handling cooked foods when they have just been in contact with raw foods. Did the Manager acknowledge the complaint or just the usual 'ok'?

Offline simpsons

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 12:09:31 PM »
Probably a "No understand da eengleesh" atitude, with a shrug of the shoulders, as is the custom here in Turkey.

Offline The Crinklies

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 13:05:05 PM »
kismetbar - the member of Customer Services was horrified when I reported it and immediately spoke to a Manager but I have no idea if he (the Manager) followed it up?

Offline mrkeith

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 14:10:17 PM »
Well we all cook at home in the same clothes we shop and clean in without hats on with raw and cooked meats in the same fridge, use the same chopping board for meat as we do veg and quite often for people we care most about but it's not very often we poison each other

Offline simpsons

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 14:16:38 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mrkeith

Well we all cook at home in the same clothes we shop and clean in without hats on with raw and cooked meats in the same fridge, use the same chopping board for meat as we do veg and quite often for people we care most about but it's not very often we poison each other

Yes, but when you have to pay someone to prepare and cook your food, you expect higher standards. Would you eat in a restaurant or buy from a food outlet if you knew they indulged in poor hygiene standards?

Offline mrkeith

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 14:53:23 PM »
yes true and if I were eating in a restraunt and paying top dollar yes I would I was just pointing out that it doesn't mean we will get poisoned afterall whats a bit of hair blowing about when the chicken is being cooked over glowing log embers or on the side of the street. The most concerning thing for me here is the reheating and refreezing of meat

Offline chewyturk

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 15:07:10 PM »
It's Turkey - you pay your money and take your chance!
Have you ever seen inside the kitchens of local restaurants here? - If you had, you'd probably eat at home more often!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 15:28:21 PM »
Reading this makes me wonder how we all survived. I think do to advertising in the U.K that we are getting obsessed with sterilising everything. The number of dangers " lurking" in the home is amazing.. I that this too clean society is making us have less resistance to germs now. When we were kids we played out all day and got absolutley filthy. Went on picnics without washing our hands and general handled allsorts of stuff. We also ate blackberries, raspberries etc. I don't remember having too many stomach upsets.However I do agree wholeheartedly with keeping raw meat and chicken seperate from cooked meat and correct storage in a fridge and all food being cooked properly  but then our grandparents never had fridges. Had no idea about keeping fresh and raw food seperate but they all survived.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 15:29:55 PM by mercury »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf