Author Topic: 5 Star Hotel Coming To Calis  (Read 17800 times)

Offline artie

5 Star Hotel Coming To Calis
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2011, 18:42:11 PM »
I was told many years ago that koca calis was not safe to build on and to take care if buying in that area.with the build of sunset and now the 5* hotel was that information wrong or do they have better building techniques now for the footings etc.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2011, 18:50:52 PM »
You can build safely on just about any land if you do it correctly. In the past, they didn't.

Offline Fafbear

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2011, 18:55:08 PM »
How far is it from Sunset Beach/Surf Cafe to Koca Calis, my husband and i started walking that way last year but unfortunately a Thunder Storm (In July) made us turn back.  But the short distance that we did go, were were impressed with what we saw.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2011, 22:50:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by buddy

I called in at the Surf Cafe last month and they were busy getting ready for the season. There is a new bar to replace the boat bar, new clean toilets and great little secluded seating areas covered with reed roofs, still looks like a fantastic chill-out place. They think that the new hotel will be good for their business, but sadly it will probably change the ambience.

I guess you're a bit out of date Dave  ;)Most of the changes you refer to were done prior to the 2010 season  8)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2011, 23:45:40 PM »
It is right beside the Sunset Beach club Fafbear, and stretches to the bend in the road beside the surf club.
:D

Offline buddy

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2011, 00:06:13 AM »
You're right Ken I haven't been up that was for a while.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2011, 11:52:41 AM »
Fafbear,

From the Surf Cafe you are actually at the start of Koca Calis. If you walk about 1/2mile with the sea on your left you will see what we Koca Calis owners regard as Koca Calis. You will find a few restaurants on the beach and one or two small supermarkets. Beyond that you will find residential sites such as Telmessos, Saglik, Denizkent and one or two others. If you walk up the main road towards the main Calis/Dalaman road and go straight across you will eventually come to the village of Ciftlik which is the main village for the area. It's not too far from the Dalaman road.

Offline Fafbear

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2011, 09:22:54 AM »
Many Thanks again for all the information, we will wander that way when we come back in July.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf