Author Topic: Empty House Opposite Wine House  (Read 7716 times)

Offline saoirse

Empty House Opposite Wine House
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 13:55:11 PM »
Calvin slightly off topic but duh-is Sherban related to Eddies dad?

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 14:15:31 PM »
They are Brothers ,sometimes they talk and sometimes they dont at the moment they are!!

Offline saoirse

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 15:54:05 PM »
God no Calvin, how can I delete your post!

I Have argued with the big girl that they were not related and she said she reckoned they were bothers!

Next time we walk into you and your wife in the village for god sake say you got it wrong!

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 15:56:53 PM »
Thanks Calvin, would be interested if you hear anything. I know this is a 'how long is a piece of string' type question. If that nice fully renovated village house that Keith posted a link to is circa £85k what sort of money would a renovation type property similar to the one I spotted go for?

I'm back in September and will come up to have a hunt around.

Thanks for your help.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 16:35:34 PM »
Rimms  - send an email to forum member Louby Lou.  They bought a renovation project a couple of years ago and have turned it into something absolutely wonderful.  She'll tell you how much they paid and how much it all cost to make right.  good luck

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 17:05:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by saoirse

God no Calvin, how can I delete your post!

I Have argued with the big girl that they were not related and she said she reckoned they were bothers!

Next time we walk into you and your wife in the village for god sake say you got it wrong!

Sorry i am totaly wrong ;)they dont even know each other ;)they dont even look alike ;)and whos Eddie?:D

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 19:32:47 PM »
no - Calvin is absolutely right - they don't know each other  ;)

Rimms - how about this one ?  I'd love a go at this one myself...

Sorry, I still can't do this resizing stuff :(

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 20:02:28 PM »
I think its Position and View what counts up there, the old houses seem to have loads of character, whether they are practical may be another matter but like you, I fancy having a go

Offline LoubyLou

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 04:20:54 AM »
Hi Rimms

We renovated our village house in Uzumlu as Pookie said. I think its was 3 years ago that we bought - £42K, and probably spent the same amount again renovating it. We find it cool in the summer and not needing aircon (manage on fans - just). Winter we have a small soba - once the house has warmed through it does seem to retain the heat. Rats get into the loft and we have to leave rat poison out after each visit, there are lots of holes for creepy crawleys to get into (but we don't mind those). Probably needs the same kind of maintenance as a new build - our large veranda needs sanding and revarnishing after 3 years - but I'm sure a new build would need a repaint.
From what I undertsand, the older houses are more difficult to find because of Turkish inheritance laws - we have a derelict house opposite us which would be fab, but all the brothers cant agree on what to do with it.
We have retained the stone walls inside and bits come off it all the time - but we could plaster over this if we wanted...
We did get builders to do out work (original plan was to do it ourselves, but we did not have the time, and even if we did they have their completely different ways of building.)
We had an architect to do the plans, etc, and a good honest builders ho kept us in the picture back in the UK.
As I said we bought our 'project for £42K from an Englishman who did not get round to doing the house himself. He said he did not make any money on it when he sold it on to us. Another neighbour bought her 'project' last year - I think in the region of £30K. I don't know how much she has spent on the renovation.
Let me knwo if you want any more info!!

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 18:55:40 PM »
Thanks for the info Louise, Its a real dilemma whether to buy a nice house like the one advertised with Assured Estates or buy a bit of a wreck and do it up from scratch to your own style and standard. I know what you mean about the Turkish inheritance problem, I think the house next door to us in Calis falls into the same cattergory and has stood empty now for several years which is such a shame.

I will have another look when back in September. Thanks for the info.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf