Author Topic: 12 Island cruise  (Read 2310 times)

Offline andream62

12 Island cruise
« on: August 27, 2010, 15:21:54 PM »
Hi, I have just come back from a fortnight in Calis and want to return with other family in April/May, I particularly want to take my Grandson on the 1 day 12 Island Cruise but have rung Pioneer tours and they don't start this until late May (I work at a school so am limited to when I can come), does anyone know whether any other company runs this trip then please?? Also what is the weather usually like mid April-beginning of May?

Thanks Andrea
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 15:23:12 PM by andream62 »

Offline littlereddevil

12 Island cruise
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 15:36:37 PM »
The weather is usually lovely but I have never seen the boats out in April. They may start earlier with easter being late next year but I think it depends on the weather. The sea may be too cold for swimming off the boat for some.( ME )

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
12 Island cruise
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 15:37:29 PM »
Welcome to CBF Andrea.

There's a reason for that. I see you have just got back. I'm sure you enjoyed the various opportunities to swim on the cruise. You wouldn't in April trust me - the sea would be freezing :D

Offline lissa

12 Island cruise
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 16:45:32 PM »
Some boats do go out before may, but only a few. A walk along Fethiye harbour would be a good idea to find out which ones. Maybe the big Imparator boat goes out then, but I am not totally sure.
Though yes, Scunner is right, the water would be cold!

Offline andream62

12 Island cruise
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 13:16:19 PM »
Thank you all who replied to this, it helps me to make the decision when to come!

Offline Bluwise

12 Island cruise
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 20:19:14 PM »
Hi Andrea,  I've been in April as well as summer and I find it very different.  I thought it was a little too quiet in April and as the water taxis hadn't started, the lovely trip over to Fethiye was missed - also Fethiye harbour very quiet at night.
I'm sure it suits many like that but for me, the warm instead of hot days and the very cool nights spoilt it  a little  - for me anyway.

Having said that, if my choice was April or nothing I would still go but I would pack jeans and a sweater for evenings. ;)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
12 Island cruise
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 07:40:30 AM »
The boat operators are normally only licensed to carry paying passengers in the six months holiday season.It is likely you will see some of them out,but they are the owners and or friends etc probably out for a days fishing.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
12 Island cruise
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 12:11:18 PM »
We went out in April (2005). A few of the operators got together to get an acceptable numbers of people.

Offline hydeaway

12 Island cruise
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 14:10:08 PM »
As scunner said these trips are designed so you stop have a swim normally 4 times on the trip bit of lunch so take out the swimming and its not really worth while when the water temperature is cold. trust me all the island look the same after a while,but a great value for money trip

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf