Author Topic: Getting expensive?  (Read 5639 times)

Offline Jenny1

Getting expensive?
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 20:38:34 PM »
Can somebody tell me where these restaurants are? When i got the dolmus to Uzumlu last year, I saw the Winehouse, I walked further up and walked around the village, past a very small childrens playground where there were some goats tied up. I walked back down and up the road opp the Winehouse. I didn't see anything else,  where should I have gone? I want to go again this year and don't want to miss anything?
I loved it by the way-I have never in my life been anywhere as tranquil-itceas amazingly quiet-heaven!  :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Getting expensive?
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 21:41:59 PM »
Jenny we did exactly the same the first time we went.
We then went to meet Lynne and her hubby who showed us a totally different Uzumlu.
I'm not sure I'd find half of it again but I'll have fun trying next week

Offline Jenny1

Getting expensive?
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 22:31:22 PM »
I go in 2 weeks Anne, post instructions on here, but only if they are easy! Lol

Offline moonfleet

Getting expensive?
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 10:01:58 AM »
a few good and reasonable places to eat in Uzumlu.....

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Getting expensive?
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 10:14:05 AM »
How helpful. What are they called!!!!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Getting expensive?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 11:27:55 AM »
The Ayla park is on the main road as you enter uzumlu - before the dolmus turns up towards the village.  There is a stop opposite one of the petrol stations.   The Fesetta is also along this stretch of dual carriageway.

Keep going along the dual carriage way and you will find Cadianda II (next to the irrigation canals and market place).  

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Getting expensive?
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 11:32:10 AM »
The Winehouse is just off the village square, (take the right hand lane at the mosque).  

If you stand in the village square by the phone boxes there is a lane to the left.   You should see an A board which leads to The Grape Garden.
Village square again....stand next to Ramazan the Barbers and look towards the mosque - to the left you will see another restaurant (set above the public toilets !).  i can't remember the Turkish name but it translates to waterfall as it has a water feature in the garden !

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Getting expensive?
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 11:34:13 AM »
Originally posted by pookie

If you stand in the village square by the phone boxes there is a lane to the left.   You should see an A board which leads to The Grape Garden.
 or come to think about it, its the right depending on which way you are facing !    (just spin around and you will find it !!)

Offline Jenny1

Getting expensive?
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 11:55:31 AM »
quote:

or come to think about it, its the right depending on which way you are facing !    (just spin around and you will find it !!)

Pookie, if I stand with my back to Winehouse, where do I go from there to find the village square? I walked round, but must have missed everything? Am coming over next week for 10 days and want to visit Uzumlu again, and miss nothing!  :)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Getting expensive?
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 11:59:11 AM »
At the winehouse door (facing away from the door !), turn left and you are virtually at the village square.  See a large tree in the middle of the road (yes, they built the road around the tree !)...the yellow mosque is on your right.  This is the edge of the village square.  You will see a row of tea houses lining one edge and lots of men playing the obligatory games....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf