Author Topic: Internet connection  (Read 4904 times)

Offline twinkle01

Internet connection
« on: October 14, 2010, 20:17:02 PM »
I am having problems with my internet connection it seems to work reasonable in the day but in the evenings the connection goes on and off every few seconds. Turk Telecom have been up several times,  they look at the modem working and say "no problem" they have also checked the phone line.  I purchased a more expensive modem hoping that would improve the connection but still the same.  Can anyone suggest anything?
This post has taken me over 30 minutes to put on CBF that's how bad it is.
I could scream !!!!
Twinkle01

Offline mrkeith

Internet connection
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 20:29:22 PM »
Sure its not your computer

Offline Winklepicker

Internet connection
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 20:56:51 PM »
More people at night use the comp so this effects it and if you do a ping test and find its not high phone your provider and ask about up grading or them making your connection better.

Offline Eric

Internet connection
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 21:11:08 PM »
What package are you on?  Speed and download limit.  We have 2 meg speed and unlimited download with not too many problems.  Its never perfect but not as bad as you seem to have.  They did upgrade the lines to Uzumlu, allegedly, a couple of months ago.  After this we have heard that some people had problems and they had to be sorted by TTNet/Computer boffins.

Offline busybee

Internet connection
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 06:34:48 AM »
Also check your electricity supply.  In the evening with folk cooking and more power being used our power supply sometimes goes low.  Lights get dimmer and there's not enough power to run the modem properly.  See if you can borrow one those gadgets that test what elec you are getting-think it should be 220volts.  Ours was well below and when we contacted (Tedas that was) they came out and corrected the problem.

Offline twinkle01

Internet connection
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 08:49:29 AM »
Thanks for all your advice, I have had the laptop checked out and new hard drive fitted, The modem settings have been checked and I pay 49 lira a month for the adsl  I also have a small electricity regulator from the power supply to laptop so don't know what else to do.
Twinkle 01

Offline Julesp

Internet connection
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »
When I had similar problems here Telecom said it was because the wiring to my house was old but couldnt do anything until they decided to replace all the cables in the area, have now ditched telecom and have bought a Turkcell dongle, now have no problems at all Much faster speed and I can take my laptop and use it anywhere. Cheaper too I was paying around 80tl a month to Turkcell for their unlimited package now pay 29tl for 4 mg which lasts me around 3 weeks

Offline Winklepicker

Internet connection
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 18:38:00 PM »
My interent this morning was so slow and had been getting worse over last few weeks..

I phoned TTnet, I explained I did a Ping test and asked what package I was on for confirmation....( Ping test is put in browser ttnet ping test and press the button and it will give you upload and downloading speeds)

The lady gave me another IP address to enter into browser which helped, also an engineer came and checked modem and cables....it turned out that our phone upstairs was effecting it somehow...when I repeated the ping test I trebled my numbers....and the internet is now faster....Horarrr

Offline neylan

Internet connection
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 23:25:36 PM »
have you ever try to download GOOGLE CHROME ?
might help you...
or can anyone use your adsl if you dont have password to connect...
and please try once more option: while plug off the home line phone if you have more than one (as parallel)
hope well soon, NB

Offline goatman

Internet connection
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 19:24:53 PM »
we have had this problem since they updated the cables. before we had brilliant speed and connection but now everyday we have problems. ttnet keep coming up and changing connections and cables outside but still no different. Most days we cannot watch our tv as it is through dreambox. We are fed up now especially as we pay for unlimited up to 8mb speed.ttnet always come up with excuses. They will not accept it is down to them even though it used to be brilliant

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf