Author Topic: Buying in Ovacik  (Read 4230 times)

Offline PKHUGHES100

Buying in Ovacik
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 20:40:18 PM »
I spent an age researching my place in the sun; guess what I decided on Ovacik!

I love the place all year round and to be honest as every place is so accessible, getting around is no bother.

Reason we purchased in Ovcaik:
...   really impressed with quality of the build,
...   our place is surrounded by Turkish people and small farms, nothing like hand reared chickens and freshly delivered eggs!
...   in the winter, there are some places open and there is an ex pat community if you go looking and that is what you want
...   It is in the mountains with superb scenery and loads of places to walk and cycle
...   It has a lovely fresh breeze during those hot summers
...   You get to know local people very quickly
...   It is a well located place for friends during the summer, lots to do to please everyone and all tastes catered for.
...   If I move from my apartment in Ovacik, it will be to a villa in Ovacik!
The list could go on but probably illustrates that most of us love the Fethyie area irrespective of a choice of base, I am in no competion to say that my choice is the best, because in the essence, what I suspect is that we all love Turkey.
Happy hunting.

Kevin and Karen :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 20:44:14 PM by PKHUGHES100 »

Offline Karabag

Buying in Ovacik
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 11:12:11 AM »
We are in the Bodrum area at the moment Anne but are ready for a move and after a short visit to Fethiye/Calis we really liked the look of the area so thought we might up sticks and move down. We are going back in the next couple of weeks to have a good look at the areas but I thought I would ask some questions here before we go, we will do a Hash whilst we are there so we can pick the brains of the hashers. Thank you all for your replies they are very helpful.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf